Here are my new malaysian serama

The place to discuss everything else to do with chickens.

Moderators: Marigold, victorias poultry

sugarshane
Newcomer / Hatchling

Here are my new malaysian serama

Post by sugarshane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:08 pm

Hello all.
I have had birds/chickens for many years, but recently taken a liking to malaysian serama and bought a few as pets and lovely pets they are.
However i would like to start hatching some chicks and would appreciate any views on my serama regarding good or bad traits on my serama. No offence will be taken.
Regards
Attachments
2014-07-12 08.10.33.jpg
2014-07-12 08.10.33.jpg (68.76 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
Marigold

Re: Here are my new malaysian serama

Post by Marigold » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi Sugarshane, and welcome to the Forum. I don't know enough about Seramas to help you, but they're certainly amazingly attractive little birds. Looking forward to seeing some more pics, if you have some.
sugarshane
Newcomer / Hatchling

Post by sugarshane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Thankyou marigold ☺ I will certainly put sone more pics on another day. I bought half a dozen of a lovely lady near to me i had young cock and hen, a stag and pullet and also two 6 week chicks, so a nice mixed bunch. The cock bird is white and so are the hen the pullet and 1 of the chicks so gonna keep those 4 as they make a lovely bunch but going to give my brown stag and brown chick to my sister in law a nice pair.
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:58 pm

If they all came from one place, are the white ones closely related?
I only ask because you raised the question of whether they might be suitable for breeding, and I wondered if you had thought of finding an unrelated cockerel, perhaps.
sugarshane
Newcomer / Hatchling

Post by sugarshane » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:28 pm

I have a pure white hen but the other ones are largely white but have different markings which are different. The breeder has 3 cock and 6 hens all running together so could have some related young yes the thought did go through my head and I raised it with the seller but i was showed the mothers and fathers and I can tell which of my birds came from which cock and hen if you get me and I don't think there's any direct siblings amongst mine tbh although I am keeping my eye out for another few serama of different breeder to add to mine.
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:20 am

The good thing about Seramas is that you can usually find room to fit in one or two more!
sugarshane
Newcomer / Hatchling

Post by sugarshane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:46 am

That's very true marigold x
Oakley
Newcomer / Hatchling

Post by Oakley » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi ! Those birds look great we have just started to keep some pet quality hens we really like them :)

Return to “Any Other Discussion About Chickens”