Looking for maran eggs

Advertise your wish list or stock for sale here.
Forum rules
Please put 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' in your title and your location if you are selling to help people search.
E.g. For Sale - Orpington Growers - Bedfordshire
Hilarysmum
Newcomer / Hatchling

Looking for maran eggs

Post by Hilarysmum »

Hi newbie first post. Live in France. I have been lurking for a while and finally joined after long and bitter arguments with my non cooperative phone. Love this site

Have been searching for some time for fertile maran eggs. Tried eBay. Wondered if anyone can suggest either breeders who will post to France or maran breeders located LYMINGTON, new forest area who would sell eggs (collected).
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Re: Looking for maran eggs

Post by dinosaw »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

It's probably best not to get eggs posted out to France, the amount of handling they will go through and the time taken for them to arrive will seriously compromise the fertility. The only Maran breeder I know of is close to Reading unfortunately.

I don't know what your experiences have been on eBay but the fertility rates vary enormously from one seller to another, so if you had a bad batch with one seller it doesn't mean you won't have decent results with another. Best advice I could give would be to buy some eggs on eBay, have them delivered to Lymington by special delivery and then take them over to France with you. That way you should be able to cut down the time between laying and them being incubated to less than a week.

Return to “Chickens For Sale or Wanted”