The mouths of babes...!

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
LadyA

The mouths of babes...!

Post by LadyA »

Yesterday, I went with dau and her two little boys (just turned 3 and 4 months) for an outing. Mostly, it was to give the 3 yr old a trip on a train, because he's currently obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine, and all the other engines, carriages, etc. in that series. He can identify every one, and knows what they do. Anyway, we went on a short trip, to a large shopping centre, which has two, free, soft play areas for kids.

So, I was sitting in one area with the 3 yr old sitting beside me, eating a snack. Suddenly, in that glass shattering shriek that only a 3 yr old can do, he yells "HEY LOOK! SOMEBODY IS IN A WHEELCHAIR!" Sure enough, there was a woman passing by in a wheelchair. :oops: :oops:
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Marigold

Re: The mouths of babes...!

Post by Marigold »

Ha ha! Reminded me of when, waiting in a shop queue, 3-y.o. daughter looked long and hard at pregnant woman, then asked, loudly, "Why is that lady so fat, mummy?"
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie »

Love this!!
I bet we could all contribute to a funny book with all the things our children/grandchildren have said.
I recall my then 6 or 7 year old Son coming home from school announcing he had "spaghetti bollocks" for lunch... the same Son who walked past an Indian looking man and shouted "look Mummy, he's wearing a turbo on his head". :-)01 :oops:
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

My daughter was sitting on a bus with her mother aged about 4, and the lady in front had a rather large hairdo, and Sarah reached forward and grabbed it, and yelled loudly "look mummy the lady's hair lifts off". The poor woman was wearing a wig. I think the woman was slightly less embarrassed than my wife was :D :D :D
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

The son of one of dau's friends walked up to a black man in the street and gave him his crisps. Because he'd seen ads about famine relief on TV!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

The little girl who lived next door to us in our previous house came up to me once while I was weeding the (open plan) front garden. She looked me in the eye and asked "Have you got a lawn mower?"
"Yes", I replied, wondering if her parents had sent her to borrow it.
"Why don't you use it then?" she asked... Speechless!
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

A Liverpudlian friend of ours had a bus stop right outside their front door. She was at the front cleaning windows when the side gate slammed shut so she rang the doorbell and then shouted through the letterbox for her son aged 4 to "come and let mummy in", this went on for a couple of minutes by which time the people at the bus stop were all paying attention to this potentially entertaining situation developing. The door opened and her son in broad scouse yelled "I was on the bloody toilet"
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

Many years ago, when I lived in the US, I once went to visit a friend. Her 4 yr old answered the door, and I asked "Is your mom here?" "Yes." he said solemnly. "She's sitting on the potty, doing something."
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

These are really keeping me entertained! No children here so sorry, can't contribute.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Been talking at work about these, and a colleague said his daughter was a bit confused with words starting with "f" and would point at plants and go "blower" fish would be "bish" etc, so they would go "no Lisa, it's flower with heavy emphasis on the "F" they did this with every word where she put a "B" in front, all went well until they went past an ironmongers and she pointed at an array of buckets hanging up and yelled "ooh look f**kits" :oops: :oops:

Return to “The Dustbath”