Christmas Cards

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Hen-Gen

Christmas Cards

Post by Hen-Gen » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:34 am

We all like to send out cards that reflect our personalities. After all, how many baubles, robins and nativity scenes can we live with. So this our card for 2019. What d’you reckon?
AAE2EAF3-9DE1-40EB-BD58-31AAFAFB8E4C.jpeg
AAE2EAF3-9DE1-40EB-BD58-31AAFAFB8E4C.jpeg (53.4 KiB) Viewed 217 times
PS
Gotta keep the Dustbath going!
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
Marigold

Re: Christmas Cards

Post by Marigold » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:15 pm

Love it!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Absolutely brilliant, love it.
We like getting cards featuring all sorts of scenes, that reflect peoples lifestyles, or hobbies. A friend of ours who sadly died this year was a talented artist, and painted her own greeting cards, we were always excited to see her "theme" for the year. Another friend who makes her own cards always comes up with a humorous hen card for us
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm afraid I'm a traditionalist where Christmas cards are concerned! Olde Worlde scenes, snow scenes (although in reality, I hate the stuff with a passion!), and of course, robins! Scenes of cosy fires and Christmas trees. Bring it on! :)
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Love them all as it's good to keep in contact. But that one is fantastic Hen-Gen.
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:26 pm

That is so fun, Hen-Gen. I usually buy cards with wildlife on or other animals including sheep and Highland cattle.

I hate it when people send me cards with glitter on. It stays in the carpets until the next Xmas.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:29 am

Ah, glitter, takes me back to infant and early junior school when come Christmas out came the paper, blunt scissors and lashings of glitter for us all to make seasonal cards, cue wonky robins, obese Father Christmas's and tons of glittery snow. Not to mention making the paper chains, and the red "post box" in the corner for us to put our classmates cards in :D :D
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:32 am

And the anguish when you sent one to you best friends and they didn't send me one back!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm

Aaah memories, remember that also. I can also vividly remember the decorations we had at home where you unfolded and clipped the snowman's stomach made of tissue paper and there were a pair of red bells, there is probably a name for these type of ornaments, they made diamond shapes all the bits of paper. OH remembers a real tree with candles and being held in her dads arms to blow the candles out. Major fire hazard. We still have the candle holders which came from her great grans, plus over a dozen ornaments all made of glass which are so carefully guarded. Glass birds with spun glass tails, tiny glass trumpets that you can blow, pine cones, and even I must admit a beautiful china angel with feather wings. I am not allowed near them, her grandad bought them abroad in various ports he docked at whilst in the navy.
I always opted for a Christmas tree on the cards I made, easy to draw and nice little glittery blobs for decorations.
Not to mention the school nativity play, what roles did you all play ? I ranged from donkey to shepherd, then lighting. OH she was poor villager, shepherd, lighting also, then orchestra playing the violin
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:29 pm

bigyetiman wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:05 pm
Aaah memories, remember that also. I can also vividly remember the decorations we had at home where you unfolded and clipped the snowman's stomach made of tissue paper and there were a pair of red bells, there is probably a name for these type of ornaments, they made diamond shapes all the bits of paper.
I think they are called "honeycomb" decorations, but am not sure. We had those too. Mum carefully closed them and stored them away every year. We had bells and round ones. And those crepe paper streamers, that you pulled out from the centre, so that they were in a sort of spiral when you hung them from the centre of the ceiling out to each corner of the room!

We only had a Christmas tree for the last couple of years of my husband's life. He loved it! I had no decorations or baubles, so had to buy them all. I bought glass ones, that are NOT shatterproof! However, I've only had one break so far. Now, with the two maniacal cats I have here, I just get a small tree and put it out in the porch. I just couldn't be dealing with watching them all the time. My last cat never touched the tree, although she used to like to sit underneath it, looking like she was waiting for her gifts!
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!

Return to “The Dustbath”