Is there anybody there?

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Margaid

Re: Is there anybody there?

Post by Margaid » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Field mouse (eaten), one short tailed vole corpse plus one short tailed vole I rescued which was difficult it was so lively! The fourth (either a yellow-necked mouse or a wood mouse) was in my sister's bedroom and kept shooting under the bed so we couldn't catch it - shame as one of the cats came in and did the job for us :(

It's the tiny six year old female Calico Tortie who is the "best" mouser but the other three aren't far behind ...
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 am

Margaid wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 am
Thanks everyone for responding to my post - I was feeling rather lonely!

Gosh Lady A that must have been very distressing and quite scary. It's weird how these infection cause hallucinations; I suppose it's basically because the brain is being poisoned. So glad that things are improving.

Distressing is right. My husband had suffered the most horrifying hallucinations & delusions with his Alzheimer's Disease. They were finally brought under control by use of anti psychotic medication. This, with mum, made me realise that I just couldn't go there again. Because I'm the one most free of the family, I do a lot of the day to day stuff with mum. But I just couldn't deal with that confusion and hallucinating again. :(
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:04 am

Hellooooooo!
Helloooo!
Helloo
Hello
Hel
He

Is there an echo in here? Am I all alone?! :cry: :cry:
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am

No, I'm here! hope you're OK, Lady A.
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:09 am

Me too but have had nothing of interest to post ... :cry:
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Marigold wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am
I'm fine, thank you Marigold. Been very busy, what with seeing to mum every day and helping dau. I'm also trying to get some sewing done for Christmas presents. I've everything cut out (making lengths of bunting and also star shaped, patchwork cushion covers.) but so far, time to actually sew them is eluding me! Tomorrow, hopefully.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:16 pm

Marigold wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:57 am
I'm fine, thank you Marigold. Been very busy, what with seeing to mum every day and helping dau. I'm also trying to get some sewing done for Christmas presents. I've everything cut out (making lengths of bunting and also star shaped, patchwork cushion covers.) but so far, time to actually sew them is eluding me! Tomorrow, hopefully.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:16 pm

Busy here, manic at work with everyone wanting to go shopping and trying to get to Lakeside, leading to queues etc. Roll on January and a week in Norfolk.
OH is in middle of hate campaign with Parcel Force who seem unable to deliver a parcel, 24 hour delivery that was promised on Monday at 13.40. Still no parcel as they reckon they can't find the road :x They have a phone number but according to customer service (joke) it is a new driver on the route who doesn't know the area and doesn't speak much English so probably wouldn't call
Good job this owl box doesn't have an actual owl in it.
Strangely, they found the road and property 4 weeks ago
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Just had the weekly food and parcels delivery. The boys always stay for a coffee and a dram. It’s a great way of catching up on local news.
Some would call it gossip but it’s always of great interest. Eg. I saw X’s Suffolk ram dead in its field, Ys got diarrhoea and vomiting, Zs got a new washing machine on board.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:50 am

OH was showing a bird watching friend your whale pic Hen-Gen and he asked if you knew an Andy Cook who relocated to Fetlar a while ago ? We said probably as it is a small island. Small world isn't it

Return to “The Dustbath”