Happy Christmas to all of my forum friends

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Icemaiden

Happy Christmas to all of my forum friends

Post by Icemaiden » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:14 pm

:-)99
As I don't have any of your addresses, I've made a donation to Porchlight on your behalf, instead of sending cards. In the past I've bought Oxfam Unwrapped chickens, goats & mozzie nets, but this year I'm supporting the wonderful girls & guys who help the homeless people of Kent.

I hope you approve; if I was a bit more technologically savvy I'd add a link to Porchlight's website, but I'll have to let you look it up for yourselves.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and don't have to wait too long for freshly laid eggs. :)
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
Hen-Gen

Re: Happy Christmas to all of my forum friends

Post by Hen-Gen » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:44 pm

That’s a lovely thing you’re doing. A charity well worth supporting.
It seems that there are more and more people, and animals, deserving of our help. What a world we have created!
And a joyous season to you all.
Eggs, pah, you can always rely on the pullets to keep you going through the winter.
Just remember the days are drawing out now and egg production from those trusty hens is only six weeks away.
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Yes, I agree - well done. Icemaiden. As usual, we've supported Shelter and Crisis at Christmas - I can't imagine anything worse than being homeless, especially in winter. Here's the link to Porchlight - it looks a really good charity to support. https://www.porchlight.org.uk

A Happy Christmas and New Year to you all from me, as well. It's been another good year on the forum, with a lot of support from everybody, and all the various conversations - I've learned a lot and had some good laughs along the way as well. There's a lot of uncertainty ahead, as we go into 2019 - let's just keep sitting with our chickens for comfort, and then come on here to talk about everything with our friends.
valeriebutterley

Post by valeriebutterley » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Happy Christmas and a great 2019 to you all.

I have put out my little growers for next year 2 white purebred Leghorns and a Cream Legbar. Should do the trick. Have an egg a day now from
Gloria, my barred Plymouth Rock. She must have got the message!!
rick

Post by rick » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:04 pm

Happy Christmas everyone!
poachedegg
Forum Contributor / Grower

Post by poachedegg » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:01 pm

And a very happy christmas to everyone from me as well. Thank you one and all for your answers to my questions over the last year.
Lets hope things turn out well regarding you know what !!....Wishing you all a healthy and wealthy new year xx
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:50 pm

A very Happy Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year to you all. Our chosen charities this year were the British Legion and Salvation Army.
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:48 pm

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas Day and best wishes for 2019. May we all be egg bound from an abundance of them. 😁
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:31 am

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone. My posted cards supported Severn Hospice this year with a donation to the local, privately run, cat rescue.
chrismahon
Forum Guru / Wise Bird

Post by chrismahon » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:55 pm

And 'Bonnes fêtes' ou 'Bonne Noel et Joyeux Nouvelle Année' to all as well (sorry if the French is bad).

Charity stuff doesn't really happen much here, although we have seen a new Catholic charity shop in town- so maybe things are changing? Never seen anyone with a collection box either. As we are officially poor, to the extent that we get free energy-saving light bulbs, don't pay half the equivalent of Council Tax and the TV licence is free, we don't give much to charity. Although we did donate some food to the distribution centre and gave the Fire Brigade €10 for their benevolent fund (Christmas Party), after all, we want them to turn out if the house catches fire!

Return to “The Dustbath”