Help with the housekeeping

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Marigold

Help with the housekeeping

Post by Marigold » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:41 am

Maybe chickens could be trained to pick up litter, what do you think?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... -up-litter
rick

Re: Help with the housekeeping

Post by rick » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:24 am

I can imagine leaving them in the house all day with instructions to do the housework and returning later to see where they had 'tidied up.' :)
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:41 pm

Don't think we should train crows how to put things in the fridge though, might come back to no food.
Great idea though, just think they will work from dawn until dusk, weekends, bank holidays and every spring provide replacements. I would assume the Corvids offspring would learn to pick up litter from watching their parents do it.
Only draw back with hens cleaning up is we will have to issue them with nappies, or train them to use the toilet
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:37 pm

If chickens could just be trained to poo in one place during the day, like they do at night, it would be a great leap forward.
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:48 pm

Even better to have one or two holes in the ground as hen toilets, where they can poo and thus fertilise the ground. ;-)
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:37 pm

I will just settle for training the one that does a humungus pile right outside the pop hole door in the morning to hang on and go somewhere else so everybody else doesn't have to step in it on the way out.
Go and poo in one place ! I can hear them saying " but you all love clearing up after us, and the bending and stretching is good for you"

Return to “The Dustbath”