Carriers

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Tweetypie
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Carriers

Post by Tweetypie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:38 am

bigyetiman wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:09 am
Came home last night and noticed something one the garage roof. Ladder out and it was a package for someone at Fair Play Farm on Clay Tye Road, easy to confuse with Brook Farm St Mary's Lane.
Obviously the Yodel driver was in a hurry to get home and watch the football. Luckily we know the farmer well as he farms the field opposite, so a quick text message was all that was needed. Or did the driver have second sight and realise this

That's quite shocking. Imagine if you were not so honest and decided to keep the parcel, what then? Who would be responsible for the "missing" item. I would contact Yodel and tell them not to leave other peoples' packages. If the item required a signature, the drivers would not be able to just dump them on other people's doorsteps. No matter about football, time, etc, this parcel could be important for the person waiting for it.
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:39 am

I had one of those clip frame picture frames delivered this week brought by the boy on the next island who brings the weekly food deliveries. According to the courier on Amazon it was delivered a few days previously when it was handed to the receptionist. I didn't know that we had a receptionist in our one bedroomed crofters cottage or in fact that he/she works for no pay.
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:47 am

Blimey, Hen-gen, next he will be saying the butler signed for it :-) Okay yahhhh
Margaid
Part of the Flock

Post by Margaid » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:14 pm

In remote areas, or addresses "too far" from the delivery depot the excuses can be quite fantastic. Maybe we ought to pool all the excuses we've been given and publish a little book! Tweetypie it is not beyond some unscrupulous drivers to "sign" your name. Those horrible hand held things they have never take my signature properly, or they'll claim it was a neighbour! I like the idea of a receptionist in a one bed-roomed cottage Hen-Gen!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:40 am

Could have only been bettered Hen-Gen if they had stated it had been left with Jeeves at the gatehouse.
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm

Yodel driver recently threw a box over our 6ft high back gate, clearly marked "FRAGILE - LIVE PLANTS." Luckily it contained sturdy little pots of thyme, which bounced OK.
bigjim
Forum Contributor / Grower

Post by bigjim » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:53 pm

I had a birthday cd delivered from amazom last week. Wouldn't go through letterbox, so they put a card through saying they'd been. When out to check on the growers and they'd slung it over the gate. Now I don't mind, just wish they'd said.
We use yodel at work, they're cheap for a reason.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 pm

Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 am

This is in the same ballpark as driverless cars. To quote (misquote) Margaret Thatcher, "You ride if you want to. The gentlemans not for turning".
Some call me a technophobe. No. It's just that it never works properly.
On BTs recommendation I bought a new landline phone this year to stop nuisance calls. I followed the set up instructions but couldn't make it work. Rang them to be told that the set up leaflet is wrong and I should do something different. Got it working but still got nuisance calls. Oh no, they say, your exchange is not set up to work this technology. I returned it within the 21 day guarantee but accidentally trod on it before dispatch.
Perhaps I need an advanced technology foot! :D
rick
Part of the Flock

Post by rick » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:41 am

I like this
http://www.flyzipline.com
A proper use of technology! Actually solves a real problem, not a problem that the marketer is telling you you didn't know you had or a must have function you didn't know you wanted.
Technosceptic!

Return to “The Dustbath”