Luxury yacht

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
LadyA
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Luxury yacht

Post by LadyA » Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am

Icemaiden wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 pm
I'm not keen on taking my Icemaiden to the Antarctic- she's a 14' long plastic touring kayak!!! At under £400, I suspect she was a lot cheaper than her namesakes too!
Could sort of ski across the snow in it?! :D
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 pm

Now that would look good skiing down a mountain in a kayak. Bit like Indiana Jones going down the mountain in an inflatable dinghy in The Temple of Doom
LadyA you went through Tower Bridge the other day and are now berthed just down river from it
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Sat May 12, 2018 9:37 am

bigyetiman wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:53 pm
Now that would look good skiing down a mountain in a kayak. Bit like Indiana Jones going down the mountain in an inflatable dinghy in The Temple of Doom
LadyA you went through Tower Bridge the other day and are now berthed just down river from it
What on earth am I doing in London?? :o :o I hate cities! Of course, being a luxury yacht, at least I won't need to go around the streets! Last year, I had to go to London for a couple of days. I was a nervous wreck! And I discovered immediately that I have an insurmountable phobia about the Underground! Not only could I not bring myself to even go down into the Stations, I couldn't even look as other people disappeared down into them! I had to take taxis.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sat May 12, 2018 10:53 am

I know what you mean about the streets. I used to drive buses round various parts of London when I worked for TFL, now I just do rail replacement buses and emergency rail at times. It all seems so manic now up there.
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Sat May 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Nearly everywhere is manic compared with Shropshire!
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Sat May 12, 2018 2:34 pm

Love Shropshire. Always thought I'd retire to Clun but got distracted by Scotland.

Worked for a year as a Guard/Emergency Motorman on the underground, LadyA. But then the Moorgate train disaster happened. But that's another story.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden » Sat May 12, 2018 4:45 pm

LadyA wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am
Icemaiden wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 pm
I'm not keen on taking my Icemaiden to the Antarctic- she's a 14' long plastic touring kayak!!! At under £400, I suspect she was a lot cheaper than her namesakes too!
Could sort of ski across the snow in it?! :D
I've been known to consider using her as a sledge when it snows: our medieval village square is on a hill with a steep road down from each corner. It's just the lack of crumple zones that puts me off!
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)

Return to “The Dustbath”