Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
MrsBiscuit

Re: Coronavirus

Post by MrsBiscuit »

What a rotten time for you, BYM, I sincerely hope the work situation resolves itself into whatever you want it to be. I must confess I am slightly puzzled at certain policitians complaining at the number of people on public transport as I would have thought it was the only way to travel in our big cities and so many people will be key workers - not just NHS or social care, but shopworkers, factory workers, food processors, logistics people, emergency plumbers and electricians to name just a few occupations. Its not clear to me how/if the complainants know the transport users shouldn't be there. I would have thought anybody in their right mind wouldn't get on a rush hour tube if they didn't have to! But seriously, I am a bit perplexed.

On the behaviour of some people, the coughing is a good example, then words fail me, unfortunately all over again. I just can't believe what goes on in some heads.
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie »

BYM I hope you manage to find a new job quickly, as soon as you are able, that is. What a time to be made redundant!
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

If your company has been taken over under the new Govt schemes does that mean you may be back in employment BYM? I do hope so. So many people have suddenly lost their jobs through no fault of their own. The whole nation feels really insecure at the moment I think.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

If they were putting you through all that stress BYM, I hope you got to keep the redundancy cheque as well as getting your job back!
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

Sorry to hear that, BYM. Many companies are being stupidly short-sighted about sacking workers.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Well my boss did it as buses have been pretty deserted, and being a small independent company he relies on money from school buses, private hire and has a big contract with the local cruise terminal. So by doing that he could let us all have redundancy money. Yesterday all change with the government 80% money and now they want buses and vans the company owns to shift medical equipment around and possibly medical staff, those of that want to work are back, and those that want to stay at home on 80%, we have several colleagues who have family members with cancer so they have opted to stay home.
So hopefully we can get through this. back at work Saturday.
M & S have given us key worker status to help us get shopping, as we are all at work when the shops are open as they are on limited hours, and Morrisons are bringing down food boxes
Some people don't get isolating though do they ? We went for a long walk along the local lanes, 3 people in cars offered us a lift. Highlight of walk a Long eared Owl in a bush
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit »

Well that is good news! A friend of mine is a nurse somewhere which is going to be a new 'field hospital', probably going to deal with trauma patients rather than CV. She says they are spending money 'just like that' on kit to get it up and running so I am not surprised at money being spent on logistics as well. We need to!

I now have a lovely mental image of a long eared owl in a bush - particularly as I am not sure what a long eared owl actually looks like without looking it up. So, I have the luxury of a very cute image, something you'd find in a children's book. In fact, there's an idea for a new career!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

We get heritage aircraft over garden and Apache helicopters on patrol, but today yelled at OH, a military plane, it was a Hercules military transport plane heading low towards Heathrow I guess, and since then more have gone over same way. We are guessing medical supplies, or troops being moved into place.
Here is a pic of the Long eared Owl MrsBiscuit
Attachments
P1000132.JPG
P1000132.JPG (89.63 KiB) Viewed 205 times
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit »

What a perfect owl, an archetypal wise owl. Did you take the picture, if so you must be very proud to have got so close. If it was my photo it would be all over my mobile and my computer!
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

"promptly educated with a set of handcuffs" Love it! :lol: :lol:

A drunk man has been arrested after allegedly coughing in a security guard's face to "cause panic" after a shop refused to serve him.

Leicestershire Police said the man coughed at the guard at about 10:00 GMT on Wednesday in a shop in Belgrave Gate, Leicester.

The 55-year-old was "promptly educated with a set of handcuffs", according to the force.

He remains in custody after being held on suspicion of a public order offence.

Return to “The Dustbath”