Amazon

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Hen-Gen

Amazon

Post by Hen-Gen » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 pm

Does anyone know how to email Amazon?
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
bigyetiman

Re: Amazon

Post by bigyetiman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:05 pm

No, and believe me I have tried. My daughter works there and even she couldn't get a straight answer from any of the supposed e mail contacts
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:16 am

I have increasingly found that Amazon won't ship stuff to Ireland. Nothing outrageous, dvds and that. STuff that their website clearly says can be shipped here. I finally did manage a "live chat" with an Amazon customer service guy, who was I think in India. He actually suggested that I get a relative or friend who lives near the warehouse in the UK, to accept delivery of my packages and mail them on to me! It's because, he explained earnestly, "you are living too far from the warehouse". What?
I couldn't find an email address either. I just don't bother ordering much from them anymore.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:36 am

Ditto LadyA. They couldn’t send me a DVD despite me having had dozens before.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Sort of defeats the object doesn't it Lady A. Paying two lots of postage, and it taking even longer to arrive. Wonder how near a depot you are supposed to live. I am assuming Dublin probably has a warehouse and Northern Ireland. Am I right in thinking your packages Hen-Gen have come by ferry or plane onto the island before ?
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:05 am

try Ebay, most suppliers post on both sites, and no annoying £20 minimum order for free postage.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:20 am

bigyetiman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:38 pm
Sort of defeats the object doesn't it Lady A. Paying two lots of postage, and it taking even longer to arrive. Wonder how near a depot you are supposed to live. I am assuming Dublin probably has a warehouse and Northern Ireland. Am I right in thinking your packages Hen-Gen have come by ferry or plane onto the island before ?
No, I tried putting a Dublin address. The whole thing is weird! I had assumed it was because they were retrenching, to do with Brexit. Several friends have already switched to Amazon.de, rather than Amazon.uk. They said that works a bit better, but, when ordering things like dvds, you have to make sure it says "uk import" so it's in english.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:39 pm

Very weird. They treat their staff badly so why should the customers fare any better. Daughter had a bad stomach upset with vomiting for 2 days. The only 2 days she has had off since working for Amazon (5 years) The day she went back, and she shouldn't have really, she got an official warning for taking too much sick time and a written letter saying she wouldn't get a pay rise due to sickness absence and is barred from applying for promotion for 2 years, and anymore sick time taken off in the next year will lead to a weeks suspension without pay. Which explains why we see so many of them on our buses struggling into work when they are patently unwell. A lot are migrant workers and are just scared of losing their job.
They are treated like the robots that are on the site
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:18 pm

That's dreadful. Who is her MP? Any chance of help there?
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:24 pm

The MP is utterly useless, only interested in herself

Return to “The Dustbath”