Chickens fading and dying - Help!

The place to discuss the health of your chickens.
Forum rules
Please remember the advice offered by people should not constitute a diagnosis and does not replace the advice of a qualified vet.
BabyBantam
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Chickens fading and dying - Help!

Post by BabyBantam »

LoL - Husband now serving dinner alongside dried mealworms being soaked in water for tomorrow :)
rita

Post by rita »

i would just keep on doing what you are doing, she seems like she is getting better if she has a full crop.
hope she survives and gets through this.
i am keeping a very close eye on mine and i am hoping there will be no other chickens to die.
Bertie & The Chooks

Post by Bertie & The Chooks »

can i ask why you are soaking the meal worms?

also have you thought about Botulism?
Steph - Buh buh buh Bertie and The Chooks *does Elton piano solo* :D

NOTE:
*I can be abrupt sometimes due to a medical condition - please don't take offense! and let me know so i can amend my reply. thank you for understanding*
BabyBantam

Post by BabyBantam »

Sadly, Blondie didn't make it & an autopsy reveals tumors poor thing, so either Maraks or Avian Leukosis it seems - not got results back yet, so nothing certain and only something to be confirmed in a lab. Just got to keep my fingers crossed for the remaining.....
As to the meal worms, I thought they may look a little more plump and juicy than if they where dried - they got gobbled up, so wet or dry they where a nice treat!
foxy
Part of the Flock

Post by foxy »

Really sorry to hear that. I did wonder, lymphoid leukosis was always known as "going light" :( I really hope your remaining chooks are OK x
Chuck
Part of the Flock

Post by Chuck »

'Going light' is a condition seen in most if not all species of birds. Not much that can be done and the prognosis is not good for most sufferers.

Hard to come to terms with and a feeling of helplessness.
If you are willing to go that extra mile for your poultry - make sure you're going in the right direction !

Return to “Chicken's Health”