slug pellets

The place to discuss the health of your chickens.
Forum rules
Please remember the advice offered by people should not constitute a diagnosis and does not replace the advice of a qualified vet.
reno

Re: slug pellets

Post by reno » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:44 pm

Well, the decision was taken out of my hands, as my little friend died on Sunday night.
I went to shut them in and while all the hens where in the coup, as per noraml, he was still asleep on the ground....... probably for the better he was permanantly asleep.
Im glad that he just slipped away in his sleep, but absolutely gutted that its something that I could have prevented! And to cap it all off, it looks like the eggs that I thought he had fertilised may not have been, as monday night was 21 days and so far nothing. Fingers superglued in the crossed position, as it would be very nice to have some of his offspring. Other that that, its two tail feathers in my kiwi hat band, to remember him by!!
Thanks everyone for your help again.
Matt
Tim
Site Admin

Re: slug pellets

Post by Tim » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:46 am

Oh I'm really sorry to hear that Matt. It's never nice losing birds, especially if you're losing a bloodline too. :(

Don't beat yourself up over it though, it could have been a number of things that caused him to die.

Tim

Return to “Chicken's Health”