Vetark Zolcal D

The place to discuss the health of your chickens.
Forum rules
Please remember the advice offered by people should not constitute a diagnosis and does not replace the advice of a qualified vet.
chrismahon
Forum Guru / Wise Bird

Re: Vetark Zolcal D

Post by chrismahon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:43 am

I've heard of Zocal D being prescribed by a vet and used with success on ex-batts, although there is no guarantee it will always work. The egg shell forming process is very complicated as the Calcium is eaten in the feed, stored in the bones and is then transferred to the egg shell when required. Together with Calcium they need Phosphorous and vitamin D to effect the transfer. The feed we buy has a ratio of 8:1 Calcium to Phosphorous and added vitamin D and no chemical colourants (cunningly labeled 'yolk enhancers' to confuse the buyer). Anyone in France may like to know that the brand is Sanders.
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 am

Thanks again, everyone. I am off to the feed store today. Thanks for diverting me to that feed post Marigold, I just had a read of it. :-)
Icemaiden
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by Icemaiden » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:28 pm

Tweetypie wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 am
My garage is going to be full of chicken feed and supplements soon ]
Just make sure that the feed is all in rodent proof containers e.g. meatloaf dustbins with metal lids, otherwise your garage will be full of rats & nice too :cry:
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)

Return to “Chicken's Health”