Guinea fowl advice please

The place to discuss Guinea Fowl, Pheasants and Pea Fowl etc.

Guinea fowl advice please

Postby Ian Herbert » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Hi, my first post one here, so hope it fits with the way things are done. I have kept a pair of guinea fowl over a number of years. The female has been taken by a fox, leaving only the male, who is clearly suffering, being the only one. He is more aggressive than usual, and yet subdued, pecking at the same spot endlessly. Getting a new female is not really an option for us. Does anyone have experience of this and recommendations? Alternatively, does anyone know of keepers who have flocks of these birds in the Greater Manchester or Cheshire areas, who I could approach about possibly taking ours? Putting him among other birds seems the humane thing. Thanks, Ian
Ian Herbert
Newcomer / Hatchling

Re: Guinea fowl advice please

Postby Marigold » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi Ian, and welcome to the Forum. As you've realised, your query is rather an unusual one, but I hope somebody can help you.
Marigold

Postby RichmondHens » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 pm

He certainly sounds stressed. You say getting another GF is not an option, is any other bird an option, eg a chicken? If you are not keen to keep any birds any more then the solution would indeed be to rehome him asap.
RichmondHens
Forum Contributor / Grower

Postby Minorcafan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:56 pm

How did you get on?
Minorcafan
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Return to Other Poultry