Lonely duck

The place to discuss Domestic Ducks and Geese & Wild Fowl

Moderator: dorsetduckowner

TheRealTrueDuck
Newcomer / Hatchling

Lonely duck

Post by TheRealTrueDuck »

Hello, I used to own a few ducks, when, while I was away their caretaker somehow managed to make their enclosure escapable. Only one survived. I'm fairly new in keeping ducks and I only have one simple thing I want to ask, and that is will the duck be okay if I bring more ducks completely unrelated to the old one? They won't peck eachother, right?
dorsetduckowner
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Lonely duck

Post by dorsetduckowner »

Hi, sorry to hear you lost the ducks. It very much depends on the ducks in answer to your question. Do you have a female or male? What kind of duck is it? How old is it and how many new ones of what sex would you be getting?
TheRealTrueDuck
Newcomer / Hatchling

Post by TheRealTrueDuck »

I haven't got around to sexing it again, I could barely tell them apart from eachother, so I don't know which one remains, but I'm almost sure she's a female. It's an American Pekin. It's about 2 and a half months old. I'm planning of getting 3-4 females and one male as well later, if it turns out to be a female.They'd be a few months old and the same species.
dorsetduckowner
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dorsetduckowner »

They should be fine at that age, try and make sure you only get one male, or ou could have problems

zo
x

Return to “Waterfowl Forum”