MAJOR Update in progress

Welcome to the poultrykeeper.com forum. Read our rules and say hello if you are new here.

Moderator: pebojuno

Icemaiden
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: MAJOR Update in progress

Post by Icemaiden » Mon May 14, 2018 10:36 pm

By the way, I seem to have lost the ability to add emoticons to my posts. I guess you have to do something different to get into full edit mode by default now?
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 am

Just go to Full Editor and Preview underneath the text box when posting a comment. All the disembodied heads will be grinning at you at the side!
rick
Part of the Flock

Post by rick » Tue May 15, 2018 8:09 pm

Ive noticed that we have stock avatars to chose from in the account settings. It seemed odd at first that Tweetypie and Mansour both had the same avatar - thats the reason, the other selections are daisies etc. It would be cool if we had a whole selection of different breeds to pick from - from the breeds section headings maybe?
Tweetypie
Forum Contributor / Grower

Post by Tweetypie » Tue May 15, 2018 8:33 pm

Hee hee, yes, I tried to resize my own but it was pixellated, I didn't bother abd chose the stock photo.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Wed May 16, 2018 9:26 am

rick wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:09 pm
Ive noticed that we have stock avatars to chose from in the account settings. It seemed odd at first that Tweetypie and Mansour both had the same avatar - thats the reason, the other selections are daisies etc. It would be cool if we had a whole selection of different breeds to pick from - from the breeds section headings maybe?
Oh, I'll go have a look and see if I can suss that out!

YAY!! :D :D
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 am

That's what i call a really good avatar, for a chicken forum.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Marigold wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 am
That's what i call a really good avatar, for a chicken forum.
I rather like the keen, watchful eyes. Obviously, has his eyes on everyone's chickens! :mrgreen:
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Fri May 18, 2018 10:33 am

I didn't realise you guys could see those Avtars... they are odds and ends left over from I can't remember what!

I'll investigate... I agree, it would be nice to have a load of avtars people could choose from.If anyone wants help resizing their avtar just send me an email and I'll whizz it through photoshop.

By the way, I have to specify a maximum file size because the forum doesn't do any 'processing' of images, it just displays what you upload. If a page had a load of posts, the page would slow down loading all the avtar images!

Oh and another thing for my hit list - I need to sort my own account out! I registered as Tim and Poultrykeeper Admin to try to separate Admin activities and requests from posts and chatter etc but switching between the two means I have to log out and in again. I think it's not very personal posting as 'Admin' so I need to fix up my 'Tim' account with admin privileges, then I can use that one for most things and be 'me' again :-)

The spam seems to be more under control now - the new plug-in is doing a good job. I still get 5-10 per day to go through and I may make the odd mistake so if you spot a spam post, please report it and I'll zap their account.

Happy Friday!

Tim
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 am

hi Tim, I can't seem to log in on the Tapatalk app any more, Poultrykeeper doesn't appear. I use this when I'm out and about on my phone, and mainly if i want to post a pic. From Tapatalk it's so simple, no need to go through all the process of reducing the picture, it just provides a link to the original pic to click on, so presumably it also saves on server space. I expect Tapatalk thought Poultrykeeper had died when you changed the software. Would be lovely to have it back.
I have searched for the avatar link, just to see what's on there, but can't find it anywhere.
rick
Part of the Flock

Post by rick » Sat May 19, 2018 1:06 am

Ohh-er! I just noticed that I posted a picture and it loaded up at just under half a megabyte! It makes it easier to post without resizing (I thought it was resizing but it suddenly occurred to me after reading your earlier post Tim.)
This is sort of linked with the Tapatalk thing from Marigold - a javascript maybe? I don't know js but can ask around.

Return to “Welcome and Forum Rules”