MAJOR Update in progress

Welcome to the poultrykeeper.com forum. Read our rules and say hello if you are new here.

Moderator: pebojuno

Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

MAJOR Update in progress

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Tue May 01, 2018 4:07 pm

Hello All,

There have been a number of problems that have been bugging us so today I am taking a big jump and upgrading to a new version of software. :-)11

It -should- fix a number of problems but isn't backwards compatible so I've been trying to make sure we get everything we need back onto the new software.Things may look a little strange until this is completed.

I'll post again when I think everything is back to normal then, please feel free to let me know below if something isn't working as it should.

Thanks
Tim
Marigold

Re: MAJOR Update in progress

Post by Marigold » Tue May 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks Tim I think the 'new look' is clean and attractive.
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Tue May 01, 2018 4:37 pm

It's not finished yet!

(We lost all the styling, back to the standard install, I'm trying to fix that...)
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Tue May 01, 2018 6:21 pm

OK - There are still a few little mods I need to make. I think we have the basics... I need to take a break but I'll take another look tomorrow.

If you spot anything that's not working as it used to, or doesn't look right, please let me know :-)

Thanks!
Tim
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 pm

I always use the Unread Posts or New Posts buttons from the Index page to check for new posts and these seems to have disappeared ATM.
Also, I'm coming up under my avatar as 'Forum Guru - Wise Bird' instead of Moderator. I'm certainly no Guru, and not a very Wise Bird, so would appreciate being changed back, if you don't mind, Tim.
rick
Part of the Flock

Post by rick » Tue May 01, 2018 8:51 pm

Cool!
I see new posts, unread posts are in the top left menu (the three lines.)
Not sure what the 'mark posts read' button is doing. It took away all the coloring of the speech balloons which I guess makes sense. The previous marker icons for read, unread, new etc were always a mystery to me.
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Tue May 01, 2018 8:53 pm

Yes, Rick has found it - There should be a little menu drops down - just under the runner duck on the left of the logo?

This should have Your Posts, New Posts, Unread Posts etc. when you click on it.
The menu bar should also stay in place when you scroll down a page (so it's always visible...)

I noticed the 'Rank' was displaying under your username instead of the 'Group' and I thought I had fixed that earlier - I'll take another look. Sorry about that!

Tim
rick
Part of the Flock

Post by rick » Tue May 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Its scaling much better on a mobile now Tim. No more zooming in and scrolling around to see the headings then across to see the last post etc.
P8130005.JPG
P8130005.JPG (69.62 KiB) Viewed 226 times
And its auto resizing images and attaching them with much less jiggery-pokery!!!
This image was 1988 x 2477 pixels and 481.9 kB. It did moan when I tried to attach a 7.4MB image :-)17
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Post by Poultrykeeper Admin » Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 pm

Yes, it should be responsive and resize to your screen.

I haven’t tried an image yet though, that sounds much better.

Unfortunately I’m still getting spam registrations, they seem to be able to get around the captcha, even using Google’s recaptcha (the tick box saying I am not a Robot)...

Still some work to be done!

Thanks
Tim
LadyA
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by LadyA » Wed May 02, 2018 9:08 am

Gosh, that's clever! It automatically adds links to products for sale on other websites, like Amazon etc.! For example, in one post, I mentioned "gardening gloves", which now shows highlighted as a link, which takes you to Amazon to buy gardening gloves!
In the same post, I said "Only thing is...." and the "Only thing" was highlighted. That took me to a website selling a teeshirt with a slogan on it saying something like "the only thing I like is carbs" :D :D (which is true, but how do you know?!) :mrgreen:
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!

Return to “Welcome and Forum Rules”