Hello from South of France

Welcome to the poultrykeeper.com forum. Read our rules and say hello if you are new here.

Moderator: pebojuno

Hello from South of France

Postby Guillaume » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello all.
My name is Guillaume (William in English). I am a poultry breeder since 12 years now. I like especially English poultries.
I keep bantam italian turkeys, light and buff Sussex LF, Cream legbar, bantam phoenix (yokohama single comb for you) in black, partridge, yellow partridge and pyle. Spanish white face bantam : blue, black and splash and... bantam orpington : lavender barred.
Also Onagadori and French Marans.

I come to you because since 2 years now, I am searching Coronation Sussex LF. Maybe one of you could help me? we could make an exchange by example?

Excuse my really bad english. 0:-)
Guillaume
Newcomer / Hatchling

Re: Hello from South of France

Postby Marigold » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi Guillaume, and welcome to the forum. It's great to have another member from France. We have several other people who live there, mostly English ex-batts, so they will be especially interested in your birds and how you keep them. Whereabouts in France do you live?
I hope some of our other members can help you find some Coronation Sussex.
Marigold

Postby LadyA » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:30 am

Welcome Guillaume. Marigold, you did make me laugh at "English ex batts"!! :D :D I think there was someone on the now closed down practical poultry forum that kept Coronation Sussex. I remember admiring their photos. Can't remember who it was now though.
LadyA
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby Marigold » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 pm

LadyA wrote:Welcome Guillaume. Marigold, you did make me laugh at "English ex batts"!!

Oh dear! Apologies to the affected by my over-active spell checker!
Would you like a translation, Guillaume?
Marigold

Postby Guillaume » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Thank you so much.
No it is okay. If I do not understand I have Google translate :-D. I am near Cahors. Lot.
Guillaume
Newcomer / Hatchling

Postby chrismahon » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:51 am

Hi Guillaume and welcome to the forum from an 'ex-pat' living near Auch in the Gers. Sure your English is better than my French! We use Google translate a lot as well.

We started looking for property in the Lot when we came over 5 years ago, but ended up down here after the area was recommended to us by a friend living near Albi in Tarn. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone keeping Coronation Sussex, but you could try Leboncoin which I used to get a Wyandotte cock from Poitiers.
chrismahon
Forum Guru / Wise Bird

Postby Guillaume » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:09 am

chrismahon wrote:Hi Guillaume and welcome to the forum from an 'ex-pat' living near Auch in the Gers. Sure your English is better than my French! We use Google translate a lot as well.

We started looking for property in the Lot when we came over 5 years ago, but ended up down here after the area was recommended to us by a friend living near Albi in Tarn. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone keeping Coronation Sussex, but you could try Leboncoin which I used to get a Wyandotte cock from Poitiers.

Thank you chrismahon. No, impossible to find coronation on LBC. It is very difficult to find in UK so in France... :-)07
Guillaume
Newcomer / Hatchling

Postby bigyetiman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:35 pm

Hello and welcome from Essex
bigyetiman
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Return to Welcome and Forum Rules