Lots of poultry equipment for auction Sat 23 Nov

Advertise your surplus items here. Certain business ads are welcome but please ensure these meet the rules.

Moderators: victorias poultry, Marigold

Forum rules
Poultry related Ads only. Please put 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' in your title and your location if you are selling something that requires collection to help people search.

*Business sellers, please read these rules*

Re: Lots of poultry equipment for auction Sat 23 Nov

Postby darkbrowneggs » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Many thanks for the good wishes I would love to see your choocks if I am around the Bristol area, though I think it will take me a while before I am brave enough to tackle Bristol in a motorhome. I always found it stressful enough in a car

When mum moved in with me in 1995 I took her down to John Lewis - then in the centre as she wanted lots of bits for her cottage here and the internet wasnt really going in the uk then.

Anyway it was a nightmare getting close enough for her as an elderly disabled lady, and I walked her over into the store having parked on double yellows using her blue disablity badge, and when I got back THE CAR HAD BEEN TOWED AWAY

We had to get a taxi way out of town to the compound, together with all the duvets lights and bedding she had bought before I could get back to her, then they charged us £110 and we had to pay in CASH

I swore at the time (amongst other things) that I would never go back to Bristol again :-)07 :-)07 :-)07
If you want to follow my travel journal see
www.theworldismylobster.org.uk
darkbrowneggs
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby foxy » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh dear DBE..we are easy to find being outside Bristol...and plenty of space to park up a motorhome! :D So, when you are feeling brave we would be delighted to see you!
foxy

Postby Margaid » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:34 pm

With luck DBE the low estimates will attract lots of bidders - then the prices go up. I loved what I saw of your setup when I collected my birds last year and wish you all the best with your plans.

One of the biggest problems in the UK when driving a motor-home is the height restriction on lots of car parks. For overnight accommodation it might be worth joining the Caravan Club as they have lots of "Certificated locations" which are restricted to just 5 vans. Facilities can be very restricted but at least you're parked legally. Also be aware that lots of sites close in January and February.
Margaid
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Previous

Return to Poultry Equipment For Sale or Wanted