Potty Dotty!!

The place to discuss everything else to do with chickens.

Moderators: Marigold, victorias poultry

Sue
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Potty Dotty!!

Post by Sue »

Does anyone else have any broody hens at the moment! Mad Potty Dotty is broody AGAIN!!! She must have laid all of 6 eggs this year! Finished moulting, then went broody! Oh well, I'm getting used to it now!
In life not everyone follows the same road. Especially if their Sat Nav is broken!
Marigold

Re: Potty Dotty!!

Post by Marigold »

Oh dear! With three weeks to go, it's obvious what's on her Christmas list, then!
Sue

Post by Sue »

Can hens hatch duck eggs? I'm thinking I might get some for her next year.
In life not everyone follows the same road. Especially if their Sat Nav is broken!
chrismahon
Forum Guru / Wise Bird

Post by chrismahon »

Hi Sue. Heard a sad story of a hen that hatched duck eggs then drowned when they all took to the water and she went in to save them. So I guess the answer is yes, but don't give them access to swim.
tygrysek75

Post by tygrysek75 »

Sue ,remember this viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6616 ? On the 3 picture after it was taken the ducklings decided to have go for swimming again in the big pond and their mother went after them.If my friend wold not be around she would also drown as got stuck floating,he had to fish her out :D
The older I get the older old is.
Sue

Post by Sue »

Perhaps that's not one of my best ideas then!!
chrismahon
Forum Guru / Wise Bird

Post by chrismahon »

Great idea Sue, just avoid the water problem. Dotty is obviously so mad keen to be a mummy so I think it's a good idea.
Sue

Post by Sue »

chrismahon wrote:Great idea Sue, just avoid the water problem. Dotty is obviously so mad keen to be a mummy so I think it's a good idea.
She's certainly keen to be a mummy, but with her past history, she'll probably murder them all!!!!!

(Sorry Dotty) :-)04
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

At least, if she's so keen on being broody, she wouldn't mind a 4- week incubation period. Or with luck, it might put her off the idea for good!
ncotb

Post by ncotb »

One of my silkies has decided she is broody :-)09 shes only been laying a few weeks. No babies til next year though

Return to “Any Other Discussion About Chickens”