cheapest place to get flubenvet

The place to discuss Chickens.

Moderators: victorias poultry, Marigold

cheapest place to get flubenvet

Postby karlooben » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:50 pm

can anyone help me i want to find somewhere thats really cheap for flubenvet does anyone know of any sites please ?? one site i have found is £15.99 for 60g tub but i would perfer to get the 240g but cant find anywhere :( i did find one site but didnt like the look of it .
karlooben
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: cheapest place to get flubenvet

Postby Tim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:58 pm

The 240g has gone up in price and is much harder to find now as the rules changed for the suppliers making it more expensive for them.

Bowden and Knights 01953 681830 still sell it.

As for the cheapest 60g tub - I put the cheapest (reliable) suppliers I found on this Flubenvet page. Medicanimal often have offers on - like free postage on first order and 10% off from time to time.
Many of the smaller places that claimed cheaper prices for a while didn't have it in stock when I tried to order it

Hope this helps..

Tim
Tim

Postby Cheviot » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:54 pm

Hi,
I have purchased the 240g tub of Flubenvet, I can't remember the exact price I paid for it, but it was under £29.00 and that included delivery, from a company called hyperdrug.
Regards
Sue
Cheviot
Forum Contributor / Grower

Postby karlooben » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:18 am

thanks guys will check them out later :)
karlooben

Postby victorias poultry » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 am

I started to get the marsdens feed with the flubenvet already in each pellet, saves having to measure each bit out.
victorias poultry

Postby Tim » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:25 pm

The thing that puts me off the pre mixed food is the shelf life - If you buy a bag, you can end up with too much and a shelf life that ends before your next treatment - or - you can be short and are not able to mix any more up for the last couple of days of treatment...

I prefer the 240g or 60g as both can sit in the cupboard for years and mix up the exact quantity.

I have a 240g tub but the reason I usually say go for the 60g tub is it comes with a scoop for measuring the right quantity. I use electronic scales for the 240g to measure the quantity accurately and most people don't want to spend the £50 or so to buy accurate scales.

If you guess the amount of course and go over in quantity, you can't really eat the eggs: it is into the realms of 'untested' and the quantity of Flubenzole getting into the eggs might be higher than a safe level...

That's my thinking of it anyway. :-)07
Tim

Postby karlooben » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:46 pm

i have read somewhere that you can use panacur ??? thing is i cant find the site :lol: i saw it on dont worry i found what i was looking for { re edit this post } :lol: :lol: vets can sometimes prescribe it normally used for cats an dogs . i have been told my girls wont need worming really until march but some of them are dropping in wieght so i am worried it might be a worm probelm as well as the moults they are going though hehehhee am having one of those days where i am getting paranoid.
karlooben

Return to General Chickens Forum