The place to discuss everything else to do with chickens.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Took these photos of one of the Silver Sussex today who is having a nice rapid moult. You don't seem to get many photos of birds when they're moulting or of the feather sheaths so after the question the other day I thought I'd pop some on here.
- MoultingSussex3.jpg (192.54 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
- MoultingSussex2.jpg (180.16 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
- MoultingSussex1.jpg (196.99 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Last edited by dinosaw on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doh!, posted in chicken health instead of general.
That looks like a very efficient moult though - feathers out, all pins through, job done !
I moved it for you, no probs!dinosaw wrote:Doh!, posted in chicken health instead of general.
Thank you, your a star, as always Marigold.Marigold wrote: moved it for you, no probs!
They look even more like dinosaurs when their new feathers are just emerging, don't they?
- Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well
- Posts: 836
- Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:08 pm
- Location: N.W. Surrey
Look like dinosaurs, Marigold?, they are our very own dinosaurs!!