Aylasbury duck with eye problem.

The place to discuss the health of your waterfowl.

Moderator: dorsetduckowner

Forum rules
Please remember the advice offered by people should not constitute a diagnosis and does not replace the advice of a qualified vet.

Aylasbury duck with eye problem.

Postby mao112166 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Hi,

This is my first post on this site, i have some aylesbury ducks that are about 9 months old, one of them, the drake, has a ploblem with his eyes, he gets a white froth in them sometimes which nearly covers his eyes, he always has access to fresh water and we have a pond, any ideas what this could be?
Regards, mark.
mao112166
Newcomer / Hatchling

Re: Aylasbury duck with eye problem.

Postby Marigold » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:19 pm

Hi Mao, and welcome to the Forum. I'm sorry to hear your duck isn't well and I hope someone will be along soon to advise. I've moved your post to Waterfowl Health in the hope that it will be seen more easily there.
Marigold

Re: Aylasbury duck with eye problem.

Postby dorsetduckowner » Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Mao :) sometimes ducks do get foamy eye, it can be caused by a few things. It could be the start of an infection in which case I would suggest you use Fucithalmic Vet Eye Drops. You may need to ask your vet about this though. You can try giving him a clean bucket of water very day with a weak Milton solution in. You can also try Goldeneye drops for hi. Keep us posted.
Often the persistent eye infection can be a sing of a lowered immune system so it may be worth keeping an eye on him for any other signs of illness. D you have a duck friendly vet?
zo
x
dorsetduckowner

Return to Waterfowl Health