The place to show off pictures of your chickens.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Did end up going to the aptly named Henley show, didn't buy anything and to be honest wasn't remotely tempted by what I saw for sale, have posted up some photos taken of a selection of what was entered into the show, standard really varied but it's not like it's even the county show let alone the national, my favourite was the Lt Sussex who's photo doesn't do him justice, he was HUGE even for a Sussex, the Poland was also a great looking bird in the flesh.
- yokohama.jpg (88.24 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- poland.jpg (86.97 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- pekin.jpg (88.32 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- orpington.jpg (82.46 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- oegame.jpg (77.41 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- minorca.jpg (81.56 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- lt sussex.jpg (96.35 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- frizzle.jpg (72.96 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- assortedducks.jpg (98.11 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- appenzeller.jpg (80.34 KiB) Viewed 2991 times
- Forum Guru / Wise Bird
- Posts: 4855
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 10:29 am
- Location: Gascony, France
The Orpington hen is a beauty Dinosaw. On the way back down here in August I visited a place North of Rouen called Ferme de Beaumont. They are a large breeder of a wide variety of poultry, many of which I had never seen before, although I wasn't impressed by anything they had for sale. Shows here are 5 day events with Friday set aside for school visits only. Rather than give rosettes to the best three of the entries in each class, every entry is scored on the breed standard out of 100. The top scorers are then considered and a show winner picked.
I actually said when I took the Orpington photo, I'll take this one for Chris, so I'm glad you liked it.