Ebay Sellers - The Bad

Advertise your spare hatching eggs here or list what you want.
Forum rules
Please put 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' in your title and your location if you allow collection.
Messages in this forum will be automatically removed after 60 days if there are no new replies.

Ebay Sellers - The Bad

Postby Tim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:03 am

Please post the names of Ebay egg sellers you have had bad results from and would avoid.

Please ensure that you are posting about a seller you have had a direct dealing with or whom you have met or seen their live stock.

Please:
  • DO NOT BE SLANDEROUS
  • Do not post here if your eggs weren't fertile or you had a bad hatch - there are too many variables - the postal system for example!

Examples of when to post a 'bad' seller:

• You have seen their stock and they are kept in poor conditions.
  • There has been no communication when things have gone wrong and you have given them a reasonable time to respond.
  • Your eggs hatched but were not the breed they should have been.

Please post in this thread for positive feedback.

Thanks
Tim

Re: Ebay Sellers - The Bad

Postby chrisarvor » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:53 pm

pcootepheasantry
Not to be trusted
BAD SELLER
chrisarvor
Forum Contributor / Grower

Postby Tim » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Could you elaborate a little Chrisarvor?... just a few facts about your experience - e.g. poor communication, poor quality eggs, etc?

Thanks,

Tim
Tim

Postby tygrysek75 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 am

I have purchased 6 x CORONATION SUSSEX HATCHING EGGS. VERY RARE BREED! (160593253298)

Member ID the_happy_hen .
The eggs were very dirty(like laid in the manure),packed in polybox but eggs had very little wrap inside so you could hear them moving inside box,1 egg was with very poor shell-unsuitable for incubator.As theese eggs vere very important to me I had put all 6 in to the incubator.Candled them in 5th day only 2 were fertile but 1 embrio was dead allready.The seller not helpfull,refused exchange or refund,but got my money back thru e-bay .
The older I get the older old is.
tygrysek75
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby tygrysek75 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 am

I had also purchased mixed eggs from
12 pure mixed hatching eggs SUSSEX IXWORTH VORWERKMARAN (150598395910)

Member ID smallholder_training_in_devon
6/12 were fertile to the final 4 from which only 2 had hatched my RIR and Salmon Feweroles from which I,m very pleased.The seller was very nice ,packing was great and most of the eggs clean just not very fertile eggs
Last edited by tygrysek75 on Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tygrysek75

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 am

So can I move this post for smallholder_training_in-Devon to the Ebay 'Good' sellers thread?
T
Tim

Postby tygrysek75 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:39 pm

Tim wrote:So can I move this post for smallholder_training_in-Devon to the Ebay 'Good' sellers thread?
T

I gues you can move it,but 2 from 12 is not very good hatch rate-don't you think?
tygrysek75

Postby Tim » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:20 pm

No, I agree, certainly not a good hatch rate...but that can't really be blamed on the seller :?

50% or 6/12 fertility rate is a bit low too but with the postal system, if they were thrown about, this would be understandable so again I would say it's not really fair to the seller to be posted as a -bad- seller?

I thought it was a 'good seller' because you said they were very nice and the eggs were clean and well packaged... ??

What do you think? Maybe we should have a thread for -indifferent- neither good nor bad!
Tim

Postby tygrysek75 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Yes this would be good .
I had crack each unfertile eggs to check if there was any life in them,and there was no way that have been fertile in the first place.Have you heard of them before?I had looked at they set up from pictures posted with listing and check their web page South Yeo Farm East everything looked really amaizing,so I was really dissapointed at the hatch time.I had recently bought on e-bay green legged partridge fowl hatching eggs and had 5/6 fertility rate,going to hatch on Friday,they also went thru postal system,so you can see the difrence.
I once heard somwere that the eggs are fertile or not and postage has very little effect on them,but it has on hatchebility later.Do not know if this is all true.
tygrysek75

Postby tygrysek75 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:32 pm

I thought it was a 'good seller' because you said they were very nice and the eggs were clean and well packaged... ??

I'm always try to be honest if I'm writing stuff about others.Maybe other people were more lucky with they eggs than me.,but becouse I had very low fertility of their eggs will not buy from them again.
tygrysek75

Next

Return to Chicken Hatching Eggs For Sale or Wanted