Tapatalk compatibility (for mobile phone access)

Got something to say off topic? Want to say hello? This is the place!

Tapatalk compatibility (for mobile phone access)

Postby Poultrykeeper Admin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello all,

After a request, I have added Tapatalk to the forum. This is a little application that is a mobile forum app for iPhone / ipod touch / Android, Blackberry and Nokia.

Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reloading), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Tapatalk for iPhone:
Showing New and Unread Posts:

Full Thread Viewing and Pagination Support:

See Who's Online:

Reply to Post and Image Upload:

Some of the large forums activated Tapatalk support

Tapatalk for Android

Total Android Look and Feel

Same feature set as iPhone:

Quickly Reply to a conversation:

Latest and Unread Posts indicator and multi-tabs support:

Thank you Kim who made the suggestion!

Tim
Poultrykeeper Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tapatalk compatibility (for mobile phone access)

Postby foxy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:54 am

Ohhh brilliant! must go and try it out!!! :D
foxy

Postby Tim » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:20 am

I have installed it on my iPod and it works really well- here are a few tips from what I found!

1. You need at least OS3 firmware on your ipod / iphone (the new OS4 firmware is the latest and is pretty good by the way as it now includes multi-tasking apps). To upgrade this, you have to do it through itunes and you have to have the latest version of itunes installed first.

2. Search App Store for Tapatalk and you will see there are 2 versions.
a) one is £1.79 and allows you to make posts / replies and gives you access to your PM on the forum.
b) a free version gives you read only access.

3. Once installed, you need to find the forum. Select: Network (bottom left) and it lists all forum categories - we are in Miscellaneous>Aquarium and Animals. You should the right part of our logo (the chicks) and "The Poultry Forum - For the Love of Keeping Chickens, Ducks, Geese & Other Poultry"

Select us and log in as usual. Security is exactly the same as if you were logging in by PC.

It's very intuitive after that...!

There is an 'Accounts' tab at the bottom so next time you want to log in, tap that and you get your username and Avatar coming up next to the forum name and you don't need to enter your username and password again.
Tim

Postby foxy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Used this today, really easy! I think this is the only poultry forum on there too 8-)
foxy

Postby Tim » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:32 am

Yes, it's good isn't it.

I have it on my iPod which means I can have a quick browse during my break at work.

The joys of modern technology! :roll:
Tim

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:12 pm

I have updated the Tapatalk software today (that runs in the background on the forum).

They seem to be improving it all the time and there is now a version for most smart phones, here is some more info about the latest version:

Facebook Integration with Tapatalk

This month bring you the newest Tapatalk feature that allows your forum members to publish discussion to their Facebook account. Upcoming version of Tapatalk for iPhone (pending Apple approval) allows instant share of topics and hot discussions to Facebook. This feature aims to help forum owners to generate more new traffic from the Social Networking site, even from users on-to-go. This is a free and on-going update from Tapatalk. Android version to follow.
Tim

Postby foxy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:42 pm

ooooooh interesting!!!! :D
foxy

Postby Marigold » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 pm

This app has been working brilliantly on my i-Phone until yesterday, when i started to get a window saying 'Cannot connect to forum. This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed plug is not working. please contact your forum administrator.'
Or sometimes I get 'Unknown error. It appears the server has some issue with Tapatalk or your session is expired. If this problem persists, pleawse re-enter this forum from Accounts tab.' And when i do this, i get the other message.
I just wondered if anyone else was having problems, or whether it was somehow connected with the server problems we had over the weekend, (though it was working OK once the server was on again.)
Or whether it was just my phone and i needed to uninstall and reload it?
Any ideas gratefully received!
Marigold

Postby foxy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 pm

I use tapatalk all the time..no problems at all however I use android...so the software will be different?
One thing I have done though is removed signature in "options"
foxy

Postby Marigold » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Yes thanks foxy i thought it was probably my phone, which had been doing one or two other unexpected things. all sorted now - I just wondered if it was me, or if anyone else was having problems.
Marigold

Next

Return to General Chatter / Other things