Lymph Node?

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Lymph Node?

Post by dianefairhall »

Well done, BYM. I love to hear weight loss success stories. I have struggled with my weight all my life but I seem to be losing weight as I age, better than t'other way round. I am now the lightest I've been in my adult life, well within the BMI guidelines, and a couple of dress sizes smaller.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Thanks, not easy is it. I watched the programme on a few weeks ago with Dr Michael Mosley, "Lose a Stone in Three Weeks" and followed that diet, I have now given up sugar in coffee for good.
My big failing is work, we work long hours, people bring food over and I eat it, My BMI is now in the healthy range to. I am determined to be good, I resisted the big packet of chocolate digestives that appeared, one thing is they disappear quickly.

Well done you as well, always good to get into clothes that are smaller, I have some trousers that now fit, and they are round my waist not under a stomach :D :D
dianefairhall

Post by dianefairhall »

Is that the Dr who does 'Trust me I'm a doctor?' I'll have to look up that diet. My OH needs trousers that do up round the waist!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Not sure, don't watch that. It was a Keto diet where you cut out carbs, and eat protein. Wasn't too bad i didn't even miss potatoes or bread. I even liked the cauliflower rice as a substitute.
dianefairhall

Post by dianefairhall »

I want to try cauli rice. The only time I ordered it from Tesco it was out of stock - they sent a whole cauli instead.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

Could've been worse Diane- they could have led you astray by sending a bag of white rice...
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

I did buy some then OH just grated a cauliflower up in the food processor. Same end result, and doesn't take up room in the freezer. Amazing what you can do with it. On the diet I could use it as topping for shepherds pie with cream cheese
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Vegetables can replace higher carbohydrate foods in a lot of dishes. I've made, frozen and eaten a lot of lasagne made using long thickish slices of courgette instead of pasta. I don't understand why it's recommended to eat courgettes when they are 3-4 inches long. The flavour of mine when they were 7-8 inches long was amazing - I ate a lot of them raw as a snack!

Well done BYM. I did a similar thing 20 years ago when I was on my own but unfortunately once my husband returned the weight gradually crept back o. It was the slowest weight re-gain and there were lots of things that contributed to that. I've been reading an interesting book about the link between emotions and weight gain and hope to put a lot of it into practice.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

It was a bit of a struggle as it was 800 calories a day. But it has made me look at the carb contents on packets. I was amazed at the carb content in flavoured milkshakes, and when it says half fat, it has loads of sugar instead, OH said "I told you"
Anyway I am pleased to be back to a healthy weight, and I will be good, easy when I am at home.

You must be on a lovely cloud at the moment Margaid, hopefully you can settle down to a normal life now
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Not quite yet BYM as the finances are still to be sorted which is a major issue. I'll be able to clear my debts ad take stock of my situation. Next Wednesday's hearing will give some indication of how hard I'll have to fight and I'm hoping it will all be sorted by the end of the year.

I don't actually feel any different ...

Return to “The Dustbath”