Distraction...

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Sandrine
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Distraction...

Post by Sandrine »

It's great that when the weather is nice and you're working from home you can work outside... Only thing is you can get easily distracted... 😂
Attachments
Screenshot_20200901_183021.jpg
Screenshot_20200901_183021.jpg (62.49 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Tweetypie

Re: Distraction...

Post by Tweetypie »

Ooops. I don't think I would get anything done if I was sent to work from home either. It's bad enough seeing the glorious weather through the window. ;-)
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

Ah. Distraction. Right outside my windows I have a small park which my sheep are currently in to eat down the last of this years grass. I can sit in my rocker, mug of coffee in hand watching them graze and listening to the steady rhythm of their feeding as they move forward.
Is it a distraction. If so, from what?
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
rick

Post by rick »

My distraction in the home office is Shiina Ringo and crew on Youtube. Well, actually music it's pretty energising when there's a long email to put together - but not to watch! When its not raining, having the loft window open is nice. There is a big cedar opposite and all the birds, except the gulls, visit it in the day The real office is a hermetically sealed air con box and not nice at all but I do miss the travelling to get there - somehow wandering upstairs with a cup of tea doesn't feel like arriving at work. .... love the photo montage, by the way. Haven't seen any ladybirds around here for a long time. Not even on walks.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

rick wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:24 pm
Haven't seen any ladybirds around here for a long time. Not even on walks.
I didn’t know ladybirds went on walks....
Sandrine

Post by Sandrine »

Tweetypie wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:37 pm
Ooops. I don't think I would get anything done if I was sent to work from home either. It's bad enough seeing the glorious weather through the window. ;-)
Well and of course my own pet zoo is enough to keep me distracted anyway without having ladybirds coming to visit too 😅
Sandrine

Post by Sandrine »

Hen-Gen wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:49 pm
Ah. Distraction. Right outside my windows I have a small park which my sheep are currently in to eat down the last of this years grass. I can sit in my rocker, mug of coffee in hand watching them graze and listening to the steady rhythm of their feeding as they move forward.
Is it a distraction. If so, from what?
Ok... You sold it! Can we swap? 😂
Sandrine

Post by Sandrine »

rick wrote:
My distraction in the home office is Shiina Ringo and crew on Youtube. Well, actually music it's pretty energising when there's a long email to put together - but not to watch! When its not raining, having the loft window open is nice. There is a big cedar opposite and all the birds, except the gulls, visit it in the day The real office is a hermetically sealed air con box and not nice at all but I do miss the travelling to get there - somehow wandering upstairs with a cup of tea doesn't feel like arriving at work. .... love the photo montage, by the way. Haven't seen any ladybirds around here for a long time. Not even on walks.
Thank you ☺️
I prefer working from home personally... If I was told that I was not to commute / drive anymore I really wouldn't mind and probably have a party and celebrate! It's great to be reunited with my work colleagues in person of course but once a week is good enough. Teams does a pretty good job the rest of the time...
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

rick wrote:
The real office is a hermetically sealed air con box and not nice at all but I do miss the travelling to get there - somehow wandering upstairs with a cup of tea doesn't feel like arriving at work. .... love the photo montage, by the way.
That's why a lot of people working permanently from home have a garden office. Would it help to create the distance between home and office if you went for a walk and then went straight up to work when you got home?
Sandrine

Post by Sandrine »

That's a great idea ! Might take it up myself actually! ☺️

Return to “The Dustbath”