Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dianefairhall »

Why am I not surprised that the vaccination programme is descending into a complete shambles?
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

dianefairhall wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:36 pm
Why am I not surprised that the vaccination programme is descending into a complete shambles?
First cousin to test and trace?

The total time taken firstly, to ring each of us to fix our first appointments, then to make four phone calls to cancel us both, then presumably to ring each of us again at least once in the distant future to rearrange, must amount to more than half an hour per person. Multiply this up, and consider how stretched the health service is at the moment, and then consider how those resources of time and money could better have been spent, in the case of the very few lucky people like us who had been vaccinated before Christmas, who might just have gone along for a quick second jab, job done.
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

Perhaps the useless UK Govt should have left it to the NHS to organise - at least their energies would be aimed at getting people vaccinated rather than cancelling 2,000 appointments reading out stuff people already know. I believe/hope that Western Isles NHS are doing this in local GP surgeries and we won't have to wait 3 months for the follow-up.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Icemaiden wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:50 pm
bigyetiman wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:51 pm
Many a true word spoken in jest, my mum got a phone call her vaccination is Tuesday at the local library, same time as my MOT would you believe. At least it is my day off.
I hope you were well & out of quarantine in time for your MOT, BYM. Or was it you rather than your car having the MOT? :-)
Yes I was and I managed to get my car MOT later in the day as they had 3 cancellations due to Covid.

Our local health service seems to be doing quite well, as they have now started on the 70 + age group with vaccinating, although it is a bit pot luck where you get sent. So OH is hoping that at 65 she won't be too long in being called, she is hoping for the village hall locally which is manned by dashing army medics.
Mums went ok, except for her trying to give them her entire medical history from birth

That must be so frustrating for you both to have the appointment cancelled, if my mum gets that call and they start the spiel, she will put the phone down thinking it is someone trying to sell her something.

Talking of MOTs along medical lines, before Christmas OH got asked by her doctor if she would like to be in the pilot group for the new blood test for all cancers, as they need people with different medical histories, and the doctor had her earmarked in the "healthy" group
She went for the blood test and all came back clear for 45 different cancers. She spent two weeks worrying about though
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

I spoke to my manager yesterday. She said I should be done in the first priority group as, even though I only work a few hours a week, I am a home care worker, so she's trying to get the registration done. Bring it on. I have to admit, that with the figures having risen so very far, so fast, here, I am getting nervous. Last Winter, I was very ill with some unknown respiratory thing. At the worst, I could hear my chest "creaking" as I was breathing. I spent a few nights sitting up with my asthma inhaler in my hand, because it was such a struggle to get enough breath. That was end Dec2019/Jan 20. It was hit with lots of antibiotics and steroids, and cleared. It came back again in February. And came again for the last time in March. However, since then, my asthma has been much worse than it used to be. Before, a ventolin (blue) inhaler would last me 2 to 2 1/2 years, as I rarely needed it. Now, I've gone through two of them since last March, and I'm on a combi inhaler too, which has a steroid dose in it, twice a day. So, have I actually had covid?? Nobody knows. It wasn't a thing back then.
So, hopefully, it won't be too long before I'm "done".
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Post by dinosaw »

Israel has proved to be the most efficient country at vaccinating its population. These are their initial findings on the protection offered by one dose of the Pfizer jab after two weeks. It's way short of what the government were touting in terms of protection from a single jab.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israeli-d ... cine-shot/
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Post by dinosaw »

I scream, you scream, we all scream for (covid riddled) ice cream.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-ice ... a-12188761
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

There will always be a way out,if you’re rich enough.
I just wonder whether they’re proof against e-coli and other old fashioned diseases?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... covid-free
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Marigold

Post by Marigold »

02CECAE6-5F20-4F7D-8A83-E284BB7E588D.jpeg
02CECAE6-5F20-4F7D-8A83-E284BB7E588D.jpeg (66.39 KiB) Viewed 162 times

Return to “The Dustbath”