Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dinosaw »

What you're forgetting is that Covid has had a hard year too, infecting all those people is bloody hard work and so the government has learned it will be taking a holiday over Christmas. That is why it is perfectly safe to mix between 23-27 December while it is seeing it's own folks back in Virusland. However, do remember that it is completely unsafe to mix on the 22nd or 28th December when it's still on duty. Of course if you really want to be safe from it, then go in to work yourself, as it is well known that it doesn't infect people when they are working, only when they are enjoying themselves by having a pint or a meal. It does take keeping up with though, as once upon a time it didn't bother people in pubs, but then it changed its mind, but even then could only be bothered after 10 o clock at night. Now it hates pubs and restaurants, but has stopped bothering people in gyms and hairdressers, who it used to hate. It's quite a fickle virus isn't it.

Just to avoid doubt, that was a bit of the lowest form of wit being used.
Shadrach
Forum Contributor / Grower

Post by Shadrach »

dinosaw wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:23 pm
What you're forgetting is that Covid has had a hard year too, infecting all those people is bloody hard work and so the government has learned it will be taking a holiday over Christmas. That is why it is perfectly safe to mix between 23-27 December while it is seeing it's own folks back in Virusland. However, do remember that it is completely unsafe to mix on the 22nd or 28th December when it's still on duty. Of course if you really want to be safe from it, then go in to work yourself, as it is well known that it doesn't infect people when they are working, only when they are enjoying themselves by having a pint or a meal. It does take keeping up with though, as once upon a time it didn't bother people in pubs, but then it changed its mind, but even then could only be bothered after 10 o clock at night. Now it hates pubs and restaurants, but has stopped bothering people in gyms and hairdressers, who it used to hate. It's quite a fickle virus isn't it.

Just to avoid doubt, that was a bit of the lowest form of wit being used.
Made me chuckle.
Of course, none of these measures have much to do with preventing people catching the virus. It's all about that fine line of keeping the economy from crashing and Boris's chances of getting elected again.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

So sorry, BYM, I was fiddling about trying to quote your comment, got it wrong, and accidentally deleted it. Please try again!
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

i will have the vaccine for the reasons Marigold explains so well. I'm asthmatic and I know what it's like to gasp for breath. My current medication works well so I haven't had a bad attack for years. My mother died of asthma complications 10 years ago in an ambulance on the way to the nearest A&E 30 miles away. Her death still haunts me.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Marigold wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:06 pm
So sorry, BYM, I was fiddling about trying to quote your comment, got it wrong, and accidentally deleted it. Please try again!
We were talking about the virus taking a break at Christmas so we can get together, and someone quipped " well the Grim Reapers dance card for the New Year is filling up nicely"
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

bigyetiman wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 am
Marigold wrote:
We were talking about the virus taking a break at Christmas so we can get together, and someone quipped " well the Grim Reapers dance card for the New Year is filling up nicely"
Sounds like a quote from one Sir Terry Pratchett's books!
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Post by dinosaw »

When death comes to dinner....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoBTsMJ4jNk
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Margaid wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:16 pm
bigyetiman wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 am
Marigold wrote:
Sounds like a quote from one Sir Terry Pratchett's books!
I am a big Terry Pratchett fan, so I have obviously imbibed some of his metaphors along the way
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

Genuinely not trying to be snarky but feeling that I was missing out on something I watched the whole of series one of Dark Materials earlier this week. It just doesn’t do it for me. Love fairy stories like Lord of the Rings or the Duncton Wood books but this one left me cold. Have to admit though that the main evil woman was interesting.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Like most of these adaptations, this one was only tangentially connected with the original books, HenGen. I can understand that it’s not everyone’s sort of thing, if course, but just as with Game of Thrones, I found the original books very immersive and well- written, and the videos less satisfactory. However, we still watch Dark Materials because Poppy so enjoys the animations of the daemons. She jumps up and down to try to make herself tall enough to get at them inside the TV. - good exercise. Technically the series is amazing. Good stuff for Sunday evening, more watchable than endless sagas about murders or with unsexy heaving naked buttocks.

Return to “The Dustbath”