Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
LadyA

Re: Coronavirus

Post by LadyA »

Another of my step daughters in the US has just had it. She said the lady she sat next to in their church last Sunday went down with it the same day as she did. Last Wednesday, she said she had a fever. By Thursday, she had chills, a cough and a pounding headache. By Friday, she was feeling a bit better, but was losing her sense of taste and smell.

And by yesterday (Saturday), she was better, out picking berries (on their own farm) and doing laundry! My other step daughter who, with her entire family, all became ill with it, also had a really mild illness. Seems to me that maybe there is a different, milder, strain going around over there now? Because I'm told that although loads of people are getting it, they are just getting a mild illness.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

How to wear one properly. I loved this
Attachments
face masks.jpg
face masks.jpg (43.37 KiB) Viewed 570 times
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

Brilliant! I especially like Dinnit go commando!
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Post by dinosaw »

Wheese keys are these?. Cheesy chips and blue pop all round! :D
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Useful advice.
F2269486-DB7B-43BE-ABF6-F1C68BC3A47A.jpeg
F2269486-DB7B-43BE-ABF6-F1C68BC3A47A.jpeg (205.68 KiB) Viewed 540 times
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Who needs government advice, when this forum can deal with all virus related problems, in plain English.
Good one Marigold
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

I’ve just been back reading the first few pages of this 50-page thread. It’s really interesting, in the light of what has happened since, as a historical record of how we felt about it all in February. I got to the bit in March 1st when I am agonising about whether or not to get new pullets, or face a summer with an empty run. Well, I can report no Covid so far, but Morehens disease is still prevalent here. Our local chicken farm may have some in mid-August. I’ve had a good summer growing veg in pots in the run and we’re now eating some lovely new potatoes as well as other veg dotted around the garden, and it has been interesting and productive. But I do miss the girls, most particularly the eggs as £9.50 for 2 dozen organic free range a week is quite pricey and although they’re nice, they’re not as fresh as our own. I think back in March I really felt we might not be here for very long, and although of course that’s still the case, it somehow seems less of an imminent threat now we have adapted and are lucky enough to be able to protect ourselves more than many others can. So I’m getting on with harvesting the potatoes and moving other stuff out of the run ready to try putting the coop back together again ......
Still hoping for a dentist appointment one day, maybe, to fill the hole where the filling fell out last week. Emergencies only still.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

I keep temporary filling material in my cupboard at home. You might be able to get some from your nearest pharmacy, Marigold.
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Our local Boots do temporary filling material, so you should be able to source some from somewhere.

Glad you are looking forward with optimism still.
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

The local traveler's site has at least 21 case of Covid -19. Some news sources are saying it's as high as 40, the number of cases was expected to rise. It seems they had come from a site near Welshpool where there had been confirmed cases.The population is about 3,000 which covers more than the town itself.

So keeping an eye on myself for potential symptoms as the first cases were diagnosed last week and I did my normal weekly visit to Post Office and supermarket before masks were mandatory.

Return to “The Dustbath”