Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Margaid

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Margaid »

'Nuff said ...
Coronavirus mask.jpg
Coronavirus mask.jpg (58.36 KiB) Viewed 415 times
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Love it! Compare taking a Covid test and a pregnancy test - both may be accurate for a few hours, perhaps .....
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

Surely the pregnancy test would be accurate for a few months???
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Only if it were positive!
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Please consider signing the petition to allow zoos to re-open. They are in financial difficulties, many of them carry out valuable research or conservation and have put really good measures for social distancing in place. It also appears that the animals are missing the visitors!

https://petition.parliament.uk/petition ... DlaIhNQKCA
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Signed. I’m not keen on zoos, but even less keen on the animals starving!
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Thanks Marigold, I agree with you although some of the breeding programs are helping to keep species alive.

The BBC News website has just declared that zoos will be able to open from Monday 15th, which makes a lot more sense than allowing non-essential shops to open!
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

And car showrooms! Just when one if the best side effects of lockdown has been reduction in CO2 and improvement in air quality, getting people to buy a new car is apparently first up for national priority!
Mind you, ours is going to have to go on ‘flight’ to a very expensive holiday to nearest BMW garage, since whatever is wrong with it is the sort of computerised thing that BMW insist on fixing themselves. I can feel a saga coming on!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Gosh Margaid you ask to sign a zoo petition, next thing they are opening on Monday. Who knew you has such powers :) :) :)
OH sent a donation to Anglesey Sea Zoo about a month ago when they put out an appeal. She said " at least a lobster will be well fed and happy tonight"
"Not if it is a sharks dinner" I quipped

Gone are the days marigold when you could whack something in a car with a spanner and get moving, or the warning light came on, and you had a look when you got home. We had a faulty sensor which meant the car just stopped and refused to move. Nothing wrong with the mechanical side what so ever. Expensive trip to garage diagnostic test and a reset.

We are looking forward to the saga of your BMW
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

Morning all! I'm still around, just ....well. Things are all in a heap here. Mum's in hospital again, and has delirium again. phoning me in the middle of the night and early hours to let me know that she has a hospital appointment and I need to collect her, etc. etc. etc.!! They aren't sure what's wrong, but her infection markers are up, her skin has a "tanned" look that it shouldn't have, and her skin is blistering and peeling! (maybe a reaction to the antibiotics she's had, but they are thinking it could be a separate issue.)

Laters, gators! I'm outta here. No visiting allowed at all, but I'm off to visit dau.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!

Return to “The Dustbath”