Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Margaid

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Margaid »

I am incandescent with rage! I'm also in total despair because I thought there was a slim chance that people would respect the beautiful world around us but they can't respect each other so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they don't respect our heritage. :cry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-52853799
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

I think I may have to stop looking at the BBC News website ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52919630
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Marigold wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:48 pm
Wonderful, what an unexpected bonus. How will you get them across to the island?
We have a bridge across to it, and last night just went out with some corn in a pan, and they happily came running up and across the bridge into the duck house, and settled quite happily, this morning let them across, it is gated at each end, but they flew up and onto the end gate, and down.
You can see the bridge in this pic, and what was originally a summer house we assume on the island that the previous owner had converted with perches. There are swallows nesting in it, various mallards have raised young in there, and we keep the food bin for wildfowl in there. Short term they are better in there at night, until we sort something more permanent. A lot safer than them being left on the lane.
Attachments
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4520.JPG (147.38 KiB) Viewed 387 times
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Margaid wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:10 am
I think I may have to stop looking at the BBC News website ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52919630
We need to direct the virus to eradicate these morons from society. Idiots have been deliberately setting areas of the Ashdown Forest alight and Thursley Common.
Then just to make me even more mad. I read that in Wales, they are having to put a 24 hour guard on heritage sites due to the amount of deliberate vandalism. Still when most peoples main aim is to join a 2 queue for a burger, what else should we expect
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Thank you for that lovely calming picture BYm and for the story about the guineas. They helped me perk up again after the other posts. it sounds as if they're used to human company and know a rattling tin means. Strange they were abandoned. Or maybe they heard about you both and your lovely home and decided to do a runner to get there?
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Marigold wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:57 pm
Thank you for that lovely calming picture BYm and for the story about the guineas. They helped me perk up again after the other posts. it sounds as if they're used to human company and know a rattling tin means. Strange they were abandoned. Or maybe they heard about you both and your lovely home and decided to do a runner to get there?
I'll second that Marigold! I wonder if they were dumped because they got too noisy?
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Now this one has cheered me up. Stupid idiot ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-52922353
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Thanks for the kind comments re Guinea Fowl, they will certainly be well looked after by. They have spent today hopping through the hole in the hedge to forage in the neighbouring farmers wheat field, then back again. They are very street wise, and not been too noisy.
Love that story, these idiots really haven't the brains they were born with, especially when it comes to bragging about their cars.
Friend sent me this today
Attachments
School.jpg
School.jpg (83.73 KiB) Viewed 376 times
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie »

Margaid wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:53 am
I am incandescent with rage! I'm also in total despair because I thought there was a slim chance that people would respect the beautiful world around us but they can't respect each other so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they don't respect our heritage. :cry:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-d ... e-52853799
I am also enraged after reading this!! What the hell is wrong with some people nowadays? How did society become like this?
I get angry seeing litter, but reading that..... :x :x
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Got even angrier when I was reading about various beauty spots in Yorkshire just being covered in litter, including a waterfall where the pool at the bottom was chock full of cans, packets and nappies, bags of dog waste. Then the police being called to a farmers field in Wales, where a huge party was taking place and people were just chasing his cattle round and round a field as part of the party fun
I had a few complaints made against me, because I put over the radio to all buses a gentle reminder that would passengers please not throw masks and gloves on the floor of the bus or tuck into seats, please take them and dispose of in the rubbish bins on the bus or at the bus stops or take home and also not throw take away cups, food packets on the floor dispose of them in bins also. People seem to think I was asking them to join the national front or something. One woman even said "it's a free world I can do what I like where I like, that's what cleaners are for to pick up rubbish not me"
There is no hope for civilisation, Now the McDonalds drive through has opened and is causing huge queues and blocking the road, we have seen people in the queue out, eat there food, sorry stuff it in as quick as possible, then throw the boxes out of the window, the verge is just a mass of rubbish from there and KFC. :-x :-x :-x

Return to “The Dustbath”