Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
bigyetiman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by bigyetiman »

It does make you think, every time someone comes up to me, you do wonder.
For the last couple of days I have been delivering medical items in our buses or vans to the Excel centre in London, moved people from one hospital to another to make way for Covid 19 patients, and chillingly the other day boxes of body bags.
Once it is operational I will be on the rota for taking NHS workers to the hospital
Then today back on normal job, get to bus stop to take workers to Amazon, they are standing in groups chatting away, passing things amongst them. Then "social distance" on the bus
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

4B0C23BA-2F6A-4941-9257-ACDABF5815D9.jpeg
4B0C23BA-2F6A-4941-9257-ACDABF5815D9.jpeg (156.89 KiB) Viewed 97 times
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

Is it the isolation? (although, in fairness, I'm not as isolated as many, as I will still be working, and still going to take care of mum) Is it just me? Or is anyone else getting the idea that they are getting sick, even though they have zero symptoms? I find myself swallowing more often, just to see if there's any little prickle of soreness in my throat. As a precaution, because of work and mum, I've got to check my temperature at least twice each day, and I'm getting a little obsessive about it.
Maybe it's because I've been quite ill with respiratory stuff (throat/chest/ears/sinus) twice since Christmas, and that has left my asthma worse, and I still get the odd "twinge" in one ear. I've been almost paranoid about sanitising everything, and am really hoping I can avoid getting this virus until such time (we hope!) as they can develop a vaccine.

Dau couldn't get a "click & collect" slot this week at Tesco that would suit her with toddler & baby, so I've added all her stuff to my list, and we're meeting, briefly, in the car park, so she can collect it. And we've booked the same slot for both of us and mum's shopping the following week. It actually seems very efficient! Maybe I'll never go back to trundling mum's wheelchair around Tesco!
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

Love your Tolkien reference Marigold. But I’m planning on at least another 15 years yet. To many incomplete projects to snuff it just yet. 😀 And I’ve only had 5 years of married life.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

No Tesco slots here now. We have one for next week but nothing after that. They are always at a premium but impossible to get now. We will have to go out and shop which I was hoping not to do, being asthmatic and not ready to die yet.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

We need a video of this one. From the Guardian website today.

"Elsewhere, a motorist was stopped by a motorway patrol on a 224-mile round trip to buy an item from eBay – with his wife in the boot, police said. The driver travelled from Coventry to collect the eBay purchase of windows in Salford, Greater Manchester, despite the public being warned only to make essential journeys due to the coronavirus pandemic.

After they picked up his purchase in Salford, the driver’s wife could not fit in the vehicle for the two-hour return journey south. She was travelling in the boot of the car when they were pulled over by a motorway patrol on the M6 in Cheshire, according to a tweet by the North West Motorway Police Twitter feed. Officers wrote out a traffic offence report for the driver."
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Nearly as good as one in the North Wales Daily Post.
Police stopped a driver entering Wales, and he said he was going from England to Scotland via the scenic route.
Also Mountain Rescue, had to rescue a Mancunian that had gone up some peak, and got stuck, as they rescued him he asked which one did they think he should climb tomorrow :-)07 :-)07 :-)07
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

We have to bear in mind that average IQ is 100. All of us on here have a much higher IQ than that which means that there are an awful lot of people whose IQ is much lower than 100 ...
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

Margaid wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:18 pm
We have to bear in mind that average IQ is 100. All of us on here have a much higher IQ than that which means that there are an awful lot of people whose IQ is much lower than 100 ...

Speak for yourself. A lifetimes experience has taught me that I lie somewhere between an idiot and a moron.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

We have 2 food stores here; one tiny Tesco with a little post office counter and a medium-sized Coop. Which is now supplying most of the food to the 6000 or so people who live here. It was broken into last night rammed by a gang with a white van trying to get the cash dispenser out from inside the shop. In full view of local residents who called the police. So our main store is shut today. Enormous local indignation as you can imagine.

Return to “The Dustbath”