Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Tweetypie

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Tweetypie »

Hen-Gen wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:53 am
A No1 buzz cut does me. Head, eyebrows, beard. Takes about 5 minutes.
Sheep in June, dog moults once a year. Sorted.
:lol: :lol: Made my day, that did.
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

bigyetiman wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:36 am
I just wait until our neighbour shears the sheep :lol: :lol: :lol:
Make sure he's been to Specsavers - wouldn't want him to shear the wrong bit!
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit »

I have long hair, and haven't been to the hairdressers for 40 years. OH/other family member cuts the back and I do the fringe. However, 10 days ago I asked for 4-6 inches off the back, so I now have shoulder length hair. Nothing to do with CV, just fancied a change!

I had the same experience with Sainsburys, trying to get an online delivery for my Mum. To start with I couldn't get a slot at all, despite getting up all through the night on successive days. Then lucked out and got one. Then they announced priority for the elderly and for 2-3 days the entire site was down. However, since then its been great. They are tending to release slots only 1-3 days in advance so you do have to keeping checking in to find one, but it is working and I am mega grateful. They knew my Mum was elderly via her Nectar card, but currently you can self-report, although I suspect that will be superceded by Govt database which is being given to retailers. I ask myself what is this Govt database, is it our NHS records? Anyway, this is not the time to quibble.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

bigyetiman wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:36 am
I just wait until our neighbour shears the sheep :lol: :lol: :lol:
And what do you do then? Join the queue?
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

MrsBiscuit wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 am
I suspect that will be superceded by Govt database which is being given to retailers. I ask myself what is this Govt database, is it our NHS records? Anyway, this is not the time to quibble.
It does ask for your NHS number so yes I suppose they do know if you qualify. It doesn't ask what's wrong with you, just gives a list of complaints and you have to tick if you have one of them - real or imaginary! It does ask if you've had a disaster letter but you can register if you haven't had one.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Yep just join the ewe, sorry queue marigold.
Still huge long queue at Tesco, although with a howling gale and now snowing a few have decided they enough food and gone home. Neither of us have been able to get milk for the last two days, who is buying it all.
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

bigyetiman wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 pm
Still huge long queue at Tesco, although with a howling gale and now snowing a few have decided they enough food and gone home. Neither of us have been able to get milk for the last two days, who is buying it all.
I believe there has been a huge surge in the amount of food waste going to landfill. Downright criminal any time, but particularly at the moment.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

LadyA wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:06 pm
bigyetiman wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:04 pm
I believe there has been a huge surge in the amount of food waste going to landfill. Downright criminal any time, but particularly at the moment.
I read that this is because of the huge amount of food ordered in advance by suppliers to canteens restaurants and other commerciual outlets which are now closed. It comes in huge packages which can't be split up because of the difficulty of re-labelling it in smaller portions to conform to EU food labelling standards. So it's being wasted.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Indeed. Cherish the time you have with your family. And contacts with your friends - by whatever means you talk to them. xx
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... our-family
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Marigold wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:17 pm
Indeed. Cherish the time you have with your family. And contacts with your friends - by whatever means you talk to them. xx
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... our-family
Very interesting and somewhat chilling Marigold. We should all be so grateful to the people keeping things going for us.

Return to “The Dustbath”