Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Coronavirus

Post by dianefairhall »

You watched Boris? You have a stronger stomach than me. Thinking of getting a TV that changes channels when he comes on.
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

What is it with people today? Just had a last look at the BBC News website to see the headline "Coronavirus: Hundreds at Dudley Tesco priority early opening" and comments like "It was mob rule" The store opened early Sunday morning for NHS workers ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... m-51998512
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

dianefairhall wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 pm
You watched Boris? You have a stronger stomach than me. Thinking of getting a TV that changes channels when he comes on.
He followed on from Nicola Sturgeon on her own giving a crisp overview of the situation and direct clear instructions about what to do. What a contrast.
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

Not one of my heroes but she does say it how it is. Like the draconian restrictions on who can travel on the ferries here. My husband works away down south. It appears that he will not be able to return because he is not an island resident. I’m not complaining. After all we all have to make sacrifices. But it’s a heart wrencher for all that.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

That's what makes you a better person, being able to sacrifice something, not like the selfish lot treating it as an extending holiday and flocking to the beaches.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Yes, like so many of us this weekend having virtual Mother’s Day cards and gifts, and no prospect of seeing our families again for months. If ever.
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit »

Do you use Skype or Facetime or anything Marigold, its a great help, we have found we are using the video with everybody now, it makes it more real.
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Oh yes, every day, it’s a great help isn’t it? And photo sharing to show what we’ve been doing.
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie »

Straight after Boris gave those very clear, concise, instructions to all of us, I saw this 20 minutes later on our local village Facebook forum:
Beggers belief how STUPID some people really are...(offering a lift)
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 22.10.59 - Edited (2).png
Screenshot 2020-03-23 at 22.10.59 - Edited (2).png (66.25 KiB) Viewed 174 times
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

How stupid are people, crowd of kids tried to get on our buses, just to roam around a closed Lakeside, and jump on bus and cough at the driver. Just imagine if we did that to them
Drivers are refusing to take them as buses are for essential workers and people to get shopping. It's going to be a long day. Still I got made redundant Friday, put on two day week Saturday, now looks as though we will be busier, our company has been nationalised by the government to keep us going.
The company is already registered as a fast response team in case of emergency, like rail replacement, moving people in a national disaster, so looks like we may be moving people around hospitals

Return to “The Dustbath”