Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Marigold

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Marigold »

This is brilliant. Just how I feel now.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... oing-stuff
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

What I miss most are hugs although I didn't get many before Covid-19. Cats just don't hug back in the same way :(
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

It’s possible that one of our daughters and our much-loved granddaughter may be calling in for lunch in the next few days. We haven’t seen them since February, and haven’t seen the other daughter and her family since last Christmas. When they come, how am I going to be able to just look at them, and not hug them?
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

Margaid wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:24 am
What I miss most are hugs although I didn't get many before Covid-19. Cats just don't hug back in the same way :(
That's what I love about ex-batts. They're the cuddliest hens I've ever had. Hugging an ex-batt is a wonderful feeling. My last lot were coming up to me for a hug within a week of me getting them...
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Icemaiden wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:27 am
Margaid wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:24 am
That's what I love about ex-batts. They're the cuddliest hens I've ever had. Hugging an ex-batt is a wonderful feeling. My last lot were coming up to me for a hug within a week of me getting them...
I can cuddle/hug the cats but they can't put their paws around me and hug me, although they do snuggle up sometimes.
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Marigold wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:27 am
It’s possible that one of our daughters and our much-loved granddaughter may be calling in for lunch in the next few days. We haven’t seen them since February, and haven’t seen the other daughter and her family since last Christmas. When they come, how am I going to be able to just look at them, and not hug them?
What about a cuddle curtain? Various designs on Youtube.
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

I struggle to keep up with it all but don’t you have bubbles where you can hug household members within your bubble.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

This was posted by a friend, who got an unsolicited phone call.

‘Good afternoon I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £50 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'
Puts the phone down.
This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.”
Don't fall for it...!
🚫Please tell any elderly and vulnerable people you know that don’t have access to internet too so they don’t fall victim to this. Even tell them to put a note next to phone stating it’s a NHS Track and Trace is a free service and you DO NOT pay!🚫
Tweetypie

Post by Tweetypie »

How lucky am I. After much deliberation I agreed to go to the Netherlands for a couple of days with my husband to see his elderly Aunt and Uncle both in their 90'S, as his Uncle is quite poorly with cancer, so might not see him again. Im now at the airport waiting to go home, just so relieved the curfew is tomorrow, after seeing the BBC news this morning.
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

Marigold wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:28 pm
This was posted by a friend, who got an unsolicited phone call.

‘Good afternoon I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £50 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'
Puts the phone down.
This is how scammers work. And vulnerable people will fall for it.”
Don't fall for it...!
🚫Please tell any elderly and vulnerable people you know that don’t have access to internet too so they don’t fall victim to this. Even tell them to put a note next to phone stating it’s a NHS Track and Trace is a free service and you DO NOT pay!🚫
This was inevitable, wasn't it? The scammers don't hang about.

Return to “The Dustbath”