Coronavirus

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Hen-Gen

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Hen-Gen »

Unfortunately, Margaid, words do not fail me. The sooner we get the army on to the streets the better. This is no time to be concerned about the finer points of civil liberties. Such occurrences will become more common unless they are stamped out.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Nor us. Shoot them on sight, we have just had our daily bulletin from our council, and they said that some of their volunteers have been spat at and threatened as they deliver food parcels to the vulnerable.
One person was mouthing off on a news article, that we live in a democracy, not China, therefore no one has the right to tell or make us stay indoors and we should rise up and go out en masse, as it is our basic right to go where we please, as our chances of dying are minimal
What planet is he on, apart from the one where he is probably claiming every benefit going
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

I am able to pretty well stay at home. just go shopping once a week locally where people are behaving sensibly (or they were the last time I went out).

My heart goes out to all the people trying to keep things running, whoever they may be and in whatever job they who encounter such disgusting idiots. I just hope that those who have to encounter the general public on the streets have adequate PPE because I am so grateful for what they are all doing.

My nephew is a Design and Technology teacher and having shared hints and tips about materials with his D&T contacts, single-handedly produced 100 masks (the plastic face shield type) which will be delivered to North West NHS frontline. Other D&T departments in schools and colleges all over the country are producing these face shields.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

:-)17 :-)17 :-) to your nephew, great stuff.
I attach this pic, probably because it is connected to the virus it was practising a landing at Southend Airport, ready for delivering essentials if needed.
A friends grandparents who live at Raleigh not far from the airport, heard a tremendous noise rushed to the end of the garden, to see this C 17 Globemaster going over the house, they said it was pretty scary
Attachments
C 17 Globemaster.JPG
C 17 Globemaster.JPG (24.02 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

bigyetiman wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:01 pm
Nor us. Shoot them on sight, we have just had our daily bulletin from our council, and they said that some of their volunteers have been spat at and threatened as they deliver food parcels to the vulnerable.
One person was mouthing off on a news article, that we live in a democracy, not China, therefore no one has the right to tell or make us stay indoors and we should rise up and go out en masse, as it is our basic right to go where we please, as our chances of dying are minimal
What planet is he on, apart from the one where he is probably claiming every benefit going
1D884998-F198-4D31-B8E6-31D5277B95AD.jpeg
1D884998-F198-4D31-B8E6-31D5277B95AD.jpeg (142.77 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Marigold wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:05 am

1D884998-F198-4D31-B8E6-31D5277B95AD.jpeg
That is so good, so true but still funny! :lol:
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

Very good marigold, I guess I do that already on a bus.
Just found out my shift which I thought was 9 - 7pm is actually 8pm, oh well another office faux pas
Margaid

Post by Margaid »

Who do you believe Michael Gove or the people on the ground?

The BBC website reports Michael Gove as saying that most people are observing the social distancing rules but there are indications that young people are less compliant.

Police are reported as being "disappointed" at the number of people picnicking and sunbathing on Primrose Hill, and Lambeth Council are closing Brockwell Park tomorrow because there were 3,000 people, some in quite large groups. The Royal Parks have warned they may have to close Primrose Hill and Regent's Park as too many people are ignoring social distancing.

With the parks closed because of these selfish idiots, none of the people observing the rules can walk, with or without a dog, jog or take any other form of exercise in the parkas and instead have to walk the roads.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

I believe my own eyes, like the walking group turning up at Lakeside this morning, to rendezvous with a minibus to take them somewhere for a ramble
I went and got the police to disperse them. Plus I had them coming over to me, asking if I was the driver, did I know where the minibus was.
Plus the report of all the second home owners trying to get on Anglesey yesterday
Oh and these walkers were all 50+ supposedly the sensible group
Marigold

Post by Marigold »

Guardian article from the front line by a junior doctor. One of the comments below the line says "Suddenly nobody asks whether the 'heroes' hold a UK Passport."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... s-hospital

Return to “The Dustbath”