A shock to the cistern

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Marigold

A shock to the cistern

Post by Marigold » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:49 pm

In the olden days they just employed a slave driver.
How long do you take?
And could women appeal on grounds that this was gender bias?
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2019/ ... oductivity
Margaid

Re: A shock to the cistern

Post by Margaid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 am

So make your employees uncomfortable, induce leg strain and make the angle of the lower part of the alimentary canal worse than western loos do already. Save a few minutes a day but end up with employees with other health problems - great joined up thinking.

And yes, definitely gender bias/discrimination.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am

Is the Marquis De Sade employed at this company to think up these ideas?
Will they also have a floor that slopes so the men will slide backwards away from the urinal at a given time. Are they ready for all the sicknotes from leg strain, constipation etc. How will they stop people just standing in there having a chat, looking forward to that one.
They could save money by just getting rid of the person who thought this up
We both used a toilet in Shepton Mallet once, once you went in a voice said " welcome to the automated toilets of Shepton Mallet, after a given time the door will open and then the automated cleansing of the toilet interior will commence, thank you for using this convenience" But at no point did it tell you how long you actually got in there before you got cleansed as well. Talk about under pressure
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:14 am

bigyetiman wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am

We both used a toilet in Shepton Mallet once, once you went in a voice said " welcome to the automated toilets of Shepton Mallet, after a given time the door will open and then the automated cleansing of the toilet interior will commence, thank you for using this convenience" But at no point did it tell you how long you actually got in there before you got cleansed as well. Talk about under pressure
I used one of those once BYM and I've never been so terrified in my life! Not sure which I was most afraid of - having the door open while still sat on the loo or being hosed down with high pressure hot water!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:31 pm

Not sure which scared us the most either, we haven't visited one since. Plus they had music playing and you realise you have wasted time pondering on the tune being played. They are designed to prevent anti social behaviour, which I assume some people will see as a challenge.
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:47 pm

I'm intrigued by the photo on the link. Do they intend to do away with cubicles, thus taking up less space as well as less time?
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:27 pm

bigyetiman wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:01 am
Is the Marquis De Sade employed at this company to think up these ideas?
Will they also have a floor that slopes so the men will slide backwards away from the urinal at a given time. Are they ready for all the sicknotes from leg strain, constipation etc. How will they stop people just standing in there having a chat, looking forward to that one.
They could save money by just getting rid of the person who thought this up
They had one of those in Clapham when I lived there (1980s), they were called 'Superloos' heaven knows why. You had to be really desperate to use it. I used it once. No use if you needed a long sit.
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:33 pm

Margaid wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 am
So make your employees uncomfortable, induce leg strain and make the angle of the lower part of the alimentary canal worse than western loos do already. Save a few minutes a day but end up with employees with other health problems - great joined up thinking.

And yes, definitely gender bias/discrimination.
I understand that the squatters found in various places around the world are much more ergonomic for the bowel than any modern WC although probably play hell with the knees.
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:42 am

Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:04 am

Have to admit I only use a public toilet if I’m absolutely desperate. Much rather urinate in open countryside. As for pooing then it’s a case of get home if possible.
There is some kind of deviant sub group within our species who seems to derive some strange kick in leaving toilets in a very insanitary condition. In the town here we have a toilet that is only open from 7am to 7pm and is staffed. It is of course spotless and modern. Not that you would want to eat your dinner off the floor but you get the gist. It’s a case of technology for technologies sake. Taps and hot air dryers are all motion sensitive.
Is it true that French toilets are a sort of hole in the floor? I have heard of this. It would seem to accord with the “squatting” theory.
But you ladies will not have confronted urinal etiquette. If there is a row of empty urinals then it is bad form to go in and stand next to the only one that is occupied. Either the person will think you’re some kind of sexual deviant or that you’re Billy No Mates desperate for any kind of conversation. And such conversations are stilted in the extreme.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm

Return to “The Dustbath”