Is there anybody there?

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Margaid

Re: Is there anybody there?

Post by Margaid » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:20 pm

Field mouse (eaten), one short tailed vole corpse plus one short tailed vole I rescued which was difficult it was so lively! The fourth (either a yellow-necked mouse or a wood mouse) was in my sister's bedroom and kept shooting under the bed so we couldn't catch it - shame as one of the cats came in and did the job for us :(

It's the tiny six year old female Calico Tortie who is the "best" mouser but the other three aren't far behind ...
LadyA

Re: Is there anybody there?

Post by LadyA » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:18 am

Margaid wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:55 am
Thanks everyone for responding to my post - I was feeling rather lonely!

Gosh Lady A that must have been very distressing and quite scary. It's weird how these infection cause hallucinations; I suppose it's basically because the brain is being poisoned. So glad that things are improving.

Distressing is right. My husband had suffered the most horrifying hallucinations & delusions with his Alzheimer's Disease. They were finally brought under control by use of anti psychotic medication. This, with mum, made me realise that I just couldn't go there again. Because I'm the one most free of the family, I do a lot of the day to day stuff with mum. But I just couldn't deal with that confusion and hallucinating again. :(
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!

Return to “The Dustbath”