Squirrel Lasagne

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
bigyetiman

Re: Squirrel Lasagne

Post by bigyetiman » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 pm

A friend of ours has tried Kopi Luwak from Sumatra, which is an expensive coffee where the beans have passed through the digestive system of the palm civet cat. The stomach acids remove the outer skin of the coffee and the beans then ferment in the gut before passing out the other end. It is then collected washed and roasted, hence it's other name cat poop coffee.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:50 am

bigyetiman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 pm
A friend of ours has tried Kopi Luwak from Sumatra, which is an expensive coffee where the beans have passed through the digestive system of the palm civet cat. The stomach acids remove the outer skin of the coffee and the beans then ferment in the gut before passing out the other end. It is then collected washed and roasted, hence it's other name cat poop coffee.
I've heard of that. Grim!
Ooh, though - one of my cats hacked up a big hairball during the night! Wonder if there's any way I can use that, and give it an exotic name, and charge a whack for it?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-)03 :-)03 :-)03
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 am

LadyA wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:50 am
bigyetiman wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:43 pm
I've heard of that. Grim!
Ooh, though - one of my cats hacked up a big hairball during the night! Wonder if there's any way I can use that, and give it an exotic name, and charge a whack for it?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :-)03 :-)03 :-)03
I’ve noticed that sweet corn goes through largely undigested. Gives me an idea for supplementing my pension!
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:01 pm

You could both be onto a winner there, especially if you market it as some slimming or cellulite removing wonder food :lol: :lol:
In Greenland they stuff Little Auks whole into a dead seal sew it up and just leave the whole thing to rot. Then eat the Auks.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 pm

And I thought kimchi was bad!!!
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:45 pm

But who thought of doing that in the first place. I have never looked at a dead badger by the side of the road and thought "ooh wonder what a dead rabbit would taste like if you stuff it in there and let it rot"
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:07 pm

Personally I wouldn't fancy the needlework involved.

Return to “The Dustbath”