Weather

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
LadyA

Re: Weather

Post by LadyA »

We have had a couple of frosty mornings here, but today is very dark, overcast and mizzling. I'm off shortly to collect the shopping for mum & myself, do her banking and drop another meal off outside daughter's gate, without going in and seeing them! Her husband caught a bad cold at the weekend, and although he's on the mend now, the 1 year old caught it, and has been utterly miserable, as his (cute little button!) nose keeps blocking. The older boy (4) is talking about this mysterious "magical fairy" who sneakily leaves dinners, groceries and treats outside their gate! :lol: HOwever, with mum so vulnerable, and I work in Home Care, we couldn't take any risks of me picking anything up, even though they were 99.99% sure that it is just a cold.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Post by dinosaw »

It has been very warm here the past couple of days, the weather clearly doesn't know what to do with itself. So much so, that I have had to kill two Queen Wasps today that made their way into the house. It was warm enough that we had a rainbow today.
Attachments
rainbow.jpeg
rainbow.jpeg (98.07 KiB) Viewed 373 times
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

The sun is shining!!!

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman »

It is here as well after a huge downpour at 7am. Looks like a wet day tomorrow though
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

Now I know weather is a perennial British obsession but we have had exceptional weather for here for a week now and it’s forecast for another week.
That is ground frozen hard, wind blown snow that’s so cold it crunches and squeaks underfoot (ringing sands of Eigg anyone) no wind and best of all sparkling light. Gone are the gales, the driving rain, the gloom and the wading through a sea of mud. It looks and feels like the tundra. Cockerels crowing! Long may it last.
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
LadyA

Post by LadyA »

We're forecast a (maybe) "significant" snow storm next week, similar to the Beast from the East storm two years ago. Have to say, I wouldn't really care except that my mum needs daily care, and lives a half hour drive away. If I didn't have to go anywhere, it wouldn't bother me too much, but unless I get totally snowed in again, I will have to try and get out.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden »

I think the Shetland weather has broken lockdown and come down to Kent for a holiday. You're welcome to have it back, Hen-Gen :-)
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
dianefairhall
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by dianefairhall »

Still blowing hooleys and hissing down in WI. I remember the singing sands but didn't remember they were in Eigg.
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen »

So it’s almost Spring. That’s why it’s gusting 69mph NNW winds, 32F and blizzarding snow. Scilly Isles anyone!
A cottage on an island in the eye of the storm
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit »

Or come to Portugal - forecast to be 25 today!

Return to “The Dustbath”