feeling determined!

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
LadyA

Re: feeling determined!

Post by LadyA » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:37 pm

Tweetypie wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:46 pm
Ditto all above to be 9 stone 3! I am a stone heavier and fight to keep at that weight by doing a fast 4 mile walk or 8 mile bike ride 5 times a week. I agree sugar makes you fat, but we all need a little of it.

So good to know you are in tip top condition. That's great news.
Through my 20s, I was about 7 1/2 stone, with a tiny, 21in waist! So, by comparison, I feel pretty hefty now! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 am

Even 9st 3lbs is a bit on the heavy side for my height - I really need to lose about 4 stone but I've been comfort eating for 6 years. So losing my appetite is a bit of a bonus. It actually seems as though I may have a virus as a friend told me she had several days of giddiness a week ago.

I can only try and imagine how hard it was for you looking after your husband Lady A and it's so good to read your posts about how much you're enjoying life. I haven't been 7 1/2 stone since I was 12 and I probably had a 21" waist sometime but it was 26" when I was 13. Not telling you what it is now! :-)04
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 am

Apparently my Nan had a miniscule waist as a young woman (b1909), my Mum has seen a photo of her. However, throughout my life Nan was as wide as she was tall (about 5ft). Slight exaggeration but you get my drift! I was a skinny child, put on weight as a student (we seem to live on starchy carbs as they were cheap and not much else) but when I met my OH I started to cycle and have remained more or less the same ever since. Its an excellent way of keeping fit, but of course it can be hard work and a lot of the time can't be faced/doesn't fit in to one's timetable. My SIL has taken up running after cycling all her life, she says it takes less time to achieve similar results, both weightwise and the feelgood factor.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:34 pm

Harder on the joints though, isn't it, MrsBiscuit?
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
MrsBiscuit

Post by MrsBiscuit » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:26 pm

Yes, it is. I know several people with knee issues and calf issues as they have done too much too soon. My SIL seems to have been free of these problems, she's been running 5 or 6 years now, maybe longer. Its not fast, just gentle, but she belongs to a club, as does another friend of mine who went from zero to Club 10s and a half marathon, all in her own good time!

I

Return to “The Dustbath”