latest bus chatter

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Marigold

Re: latest bus chatter

Post by Marigold » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm

Hen-Gen wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 am

We have a bus here that takes two hours to get to Lerwick picking up en route. I have to travel on it because I’m not allowed to drive until Jan 4th. It picks up every kind of eccentric known to mankind ( including me, I guess ).
How does it get across the wet bit?
hovercraft?
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:58 pm

Marigold wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 pm
Hen-Gen wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:11 am

We have a bus here that takes two hours to get to Lerwick picking up en route. I haveñ to travel on it because I’m not allowed to drive until Jan 4th. It picks up every kind of eccentric known to mankind ( including me, I guess ).
How does it get across the wet bit?
hovercraft?
Ah, the wonders of modern technology. Well nearly. The bus drives onto a rickety old ferry which takes us and the bus across. Some get off during the 20 minute crossing to have a cup of coffee but I usually have a snooze.
Icemaiden

Post by Icemaiden » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:11 pm

At the risk of lowering the tone again... :-)02 I didn't know you could get a bus from Bluewater to Lakeside, carry on to Tilbury & then catch a ferry back to Kent? If it wasn't for the fact that I loathe going shopping, that could be a great day out! :lol:
Chickens are a girl's best friend (though diamonds would be nice too!)
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Icemaiden wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:11 pm
At the risk of lowering the tone again... :-)02 I didn't know you could get a bus from Bluewater to Lakeside, carry on to Tilbury & then catch a ferry back to Kent? If it wasn't for the fact that I loathe going shopping, that could be a great day out! :lol:
Especially if you were on BYM's bus!
You'd need to be careful what you said, though, or you'd find it recounted on here.
Margaid

Post by Margaid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:12 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:31 am

But I could direct you to sit next to someone who could provide you with entertainment, at certain times that could be me!
The X80 goes hourly from Lakeside to Bluewater, not sure which bus company runs Bluewater to Gravesend. Then get the ferry, we do run the replacement bus service if there is a problem with the ferry, just sit upstairs so you don't get wet feet!
You can also get to Purfleet on our buses and take in Rainham Marshes nature reserve on your day out
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:05 am

Yeh I went to Gravesend once. It was shut! :D
Rainham Marshes sounds good though. I do miss the diversity you have down there. Especially the insects. Mention black darters, migrant hawkers or downy emeralds here they look at you as though they need to call the men in white coats.

Loved those programmes that we have just had here on The New Forest. Used to go there as a child but was too young/stupid to appreciate it.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:42 am

Not to mention Banded Demoiselles, and Red Eyed darter, we also get Scarce Emerald to around here. Took us ages to spot a Black Darter as they seem to move even quicker than normal. We saw our first on Roydon Common in Norfolk, and quite a few on Thursley Common in Surrey a couple of weeks ago.
I suppose you are a bit short on insect life on Shetland, bet you still get the biting ones though.
Gravesend isn't too bad has a good scale model shop!. Lovely statue to Princess Pocahontas in the churchyard where she is buried, and the local boat that does trips up the Thames is named after her. General Gordon was also stationed at the garrison

Return to “The Dustbath”