Bus chatter

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Hen-Gen
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Bus chatter

Post by Hen-Gen » Sat May 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Thanks LadyA. I'm assuming it's the Waterford as in the glass decanter a friend bought me for my 50th birthday. Never heard of Tramore.
LadyA

Post by LadyA » Sun May 06, 2018 9:32 am

Hen-Gen wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 11:12 pm
Thanks LadyA. I'm assuming it's the Waterford as in the glass decanter a friend bought me for my 50th birthday. Never heard of Tramore.
Tramore is a resort town, right on the coast. Yes, Waterford is the crystal place, although there is only a token amount actually made here now. It's all made in Slovakia. Truth to tell, the quality of the stuff started to go down several years ago, when they needed to cut costs. It was still excellent quality crystal, but if you were able to compare it to older stuff, it was nowhere near as heavy. There are, however, other firms in Waterford doing truly beautiful, heavy, lead crystal. Heritage Crystal of Waterford is one that does the real deal! it's over 30% lead, so you can imagine what it weighs! It's stunning though. And very expensive! It's a very small, family owned factory, which exports most of their stuff.

Tramore is terribly busy in the Summer, and the beach, prom etc. is busy all year round with walkers, surfers and wind surfers. The amusemnt park is closed all Winter, which cuts down on crowds a lot. And most of the residential areas are up away from all that, so remain fairly quiet.
Lead me not into temptation. I can find the way myself!
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Thu May 24, 2018 11:28 am

Woman on bus yesterday moaning about Tesco as they had no mashed potato in the chiller section so the kids were going to have to have chips again with their dinner !
By the way lady A we went up to see a tall ship pass through Tower Bridge, and you were berthed alongside HMS Belfast you looked lovely. There was also a Lady M in West India Dock that maybe the nearest we get to Margaid.
Margaid
Part of the Flock

Post by Margaid » Thu May 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Well I don't mind being elevated to the peerage! What sort of craft was she?
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Thu May 24, 2018 5:00 pm

Well,she is a 60 million dollar super yacht, built in 2013, I am sure you could swan around in it quite happily
Margaid
Part of the Flock

Post by Margaid » Thu May 24, 2018 10:22 pm

Nah, don't think so; don't like the interior colour schemes and those sofas would be really uncomfortable for someone only 5' tall.
She'd have to have a complete interior refit and I struggle to decide on decor for just a few rooms!
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 am

I'd rather have the £60,000,000, could do more good with it!
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Fri May 25, 2018 9:11 am

Marigold wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 am
I'd rather have the £60,000,000, could do more good with it!
Oh, I'd rather do some bad with it! :D
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Fri May 25, 2018 10:59 am

Wouldn't want a luxury yacht either, some of the interiors prove that money doesn't equal good taste. Saw some pics of one that had walls all covered in shark skin !
Not sure what I would buy with all that money, a hit man could come in useful....
Margaid
Part of the Flock

Post by Margaid » Fri May 25, 2018 11:46 am

You read my mind BYM! What would be better though would be to let him keep everything, including the property and pension, and for me to just keep the £60,000,000 :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Dustbath”