Favourite view

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!

Re: Favourite view

Postby Hen-Gen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:46 pm

Well the view from the hill on the isle of Lismore in the Inner Hebrides is justifiably famous as the finest view in Scotland - a stunning 360 degree vista. If you can find a day when it's not raining and the killer midges are not on the wing then give it a go.
For me,planes, cars, anything man made are just bits of machinery. But the tropical house at Kew Gardens is awesome. Totally humbling.
The Falkirk Wheel! You can keep the Sydney Opera House. This is architecture at its finest. Google it.
Hen-Gen
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby bigyetiman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:39 pm

The tropical house at Kew is amazing I agree, and so is the Falkirk wheel, a jaw dropping moment when you see it. Viaducts and aqueducts I find amazing also. Iron bridge another marvel, as are many of Brunels creations
bigyetiman

Postby Marigold » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:23 pm

We've sailed (floated) over the aqueduct at Pontcysyllte (sp?) on the Llangollen canal, which was truly terrifying.
Marigold

Postby Margaid » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Spelling spot on Marigold. I agree it's terrifying when there's only a bit of cast iron stopping the boat going off the edge ...
Margaid

Postby valeriebutterley » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:19 am

Done all of the last three, and agree with the comments, stunning, terrifying, and beautiful.

I'm still on crutches/walking stick just hope life as it was resumes soon. Frimley Park to see a consultant on Tuesday then hopefully onwards and upwards. It's been 6 weeks of incapacity and of course no driving. With the awful weather I have been indoors most of the time, not my idea of fun at all, love the garden love to get out and about and let the chickens out with me, had to promise the family I would not let them out of their pens for the time being.

Happy Easter everyone, lots of love to you all, Val, XX.
valeriebutterley

Postby Marigold » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 am

Here's hoping the consultant gives you good news about the prospects for a speedy and complete recovery, Val. It must be frustrating beyond belief for you not to be able to get out and about, especially now Spring is happening. Are you able to get as far as the pens, even if you can't let the girls out? Are you having physio, and how is that going?
I'm sure your favourite view will be of your garden with your lovely chickens contentedly pecking around - and not a fox in sight!
Here's a really silly joke to cheer you up.

A pair of chickens walks up to the circulation desk at a public library and say, “Buk Buk BUK.” The librarian decides that the chickens desire three books, and gives it to them…and the chickens leave shortly thereafter.

Around midday, the two chickens return to the circulation desk quite vexed and say, “Buk Buk BuKKOOK!” The librarian decides that the chickens desire another three books and gives it to them. The chickens leave as before.

The two chickens return to the library in the early afternoon, approach the librarian, looking very annoyed and say, “Buk Buk Buk Buk Bukkooook!” The librarian is now a little suspicious of these chickens. She gives them what they request, and decides to follow them.

She followed them out of the library, out of the town, and to a park. At this point, she hid behind a tree, not wanting to be seen. She saw the two chickens throwing the books at a frog in a pond, to which the frog was saying, “Rrredit Rrredit Rrredit…!”
Marigold

Postby valeriebutterley » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:29 am

Marigold, thanks for the laugh! I do love a good chortle, not too many in my life at the moment.

Thankyou for your good wishes, too. The leg is a b....y pain to say the least but it is the indoor incarceration that gets to me, and I am desperate to get to the shops.

Had 14 eggs today, I think I am welcome home!
valeriebutterley

Postby bigyetiman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:43 am

Marigold wrote:We've sailed (floated) over the aqueduct at Pontcysyllte (sp?) on the Llangollen canal, which was truly terrifying.

We walked across it. OH wasn't going to then decided to trot along and join me. I enjoyed it, she described it as terrifying then realised of course we had to go back as the car was at the other end. On the way back we met the typical large American which we had to get around.
Hope you get good news to Val when you see the consultant. For active people anything that renders you inactive is appalling.
Loved the joke Marigold
bigyetiman

Postby Marigold » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:18 am

Yesterday our daughter, on skiing holiday in France, had a fall, her ski didn't come off, leg twisted under impact, and she has badly damaged her knee - had to be stretchered off the mountain. X-rays show leg not broken but considerable ligament damage. Now on crutches, has waved the family goodbye as they go off skiing, and is settling down to her first day of reading and daytime TV. I expect you know how she feels, Val.
Marigold

Previous

Return to The Dustbath