Hospital break..................

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
Marigold

Re: Hospital break..................

Post by Marigold » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:15 am

How are you today, Val? Still peeping out of the pophole of your coop? Do you have any help in the house, apart from the people who are looking after your chickens? It must be very frustrating - and boring - especially now the weather is calling you out into the garden. Can you get out at all on your crutches? I expect the hens will think their humum has grown two new legs. I wish you lived near enough for me to visit you and be some use!
chrismahon
Forum Guru / Wise Bird

Post by chrismahon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am

Sounds very painful Val and all too easily done. Had a friend who just slipped off the edge of the pavement- only 6". Her leg went completely black and she was in a support bandage for weeks. I fell backwards down a full flight of stairs once (because I slipped on the top one) and knocked myself out on the wall at the bottom- fortunately just a few bruises, but it could have been very serious. Hope you mend quickly.
valeriebutterley
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by valeriebutterley » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:26 am

Actually teetered on the back doorstep to shout encouragement to the girls, as they were going mad at one point yesterday morning. Have another fox visiting but he is not human friendly, one sight of me and he vanished - just as I like it. The girls were immediately calm and quiet and about their chickenly business. I think it is likely that they think I have been replaced by an alien, four legs, two of them shiny silver, a Christopher Robin dressing gown, they have never seen such things before.
bigyetiman
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Post by bigyetiman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm

I bet their chicken diaries would make fascinating reading with this strange alien on the back doorstep. Glad you are moving about a bit

Return to “The Dustbath”