Happy Xmas everyone

The place to chat, fluff your feathers, and let off steam!
bigyetiman
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Re: Happy Xmas everyone

Post by bigyetiman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Hope that wish comes true for you bigjim
Had two women on my bus this morning discussing an irritating rash which was cured by liberal application of Sudoku cream. So if anyone gets a rash over the festive season just reach for the Sudoku cream. Roll on 7pm
Marigold

Post by Marigold » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Have just got back from lovely couple of days with family. Had lunch, reached for my life-supporting MacBook, and found to my horror I'd left it behind, in my carefully-packed bag of online bits and pieces. Now face the season of jollity etc with only a v old, slow phone with minute text and a crap battery, until Post Office opens on Wednesday and maybe kind daughter can post it back to me before everything shuts down again for New Year. Just starting my detox and expect symptoms to get worse in the oncoming days. Still, am trying to think of the money saved by not browsing around for things to buy online.
Anyway, Happy Christmas to everyone - it's so good to still have so many original members, plus all the other friends who've migrated from Practical Poultry and the Dustbath, and helped to make this section so much livelier and more irreverent than it used to be. May you all have good hatches in 2018, with at least >90% pullets.
bigyetiman

Post by bigyetiman » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Irreverent, moi ? surely not. Hope you get your MacBook back soon. Glad you had a good time with family.
Margaid
Part of the Flock

Post by Margaid » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Oh Marigold, what a disaster for you! Has your old laptop given up the ghost as well?

Sudoku cream???? I'll have to remember that one BYM!

That aside, Season's Greetings to everyone on the forum and if you're on your own, or working over the next few days, remember that your friends here are thinking about you.
Hen-Gen

Post by Hen-Gen » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:49 pm

On your own? I dream of being on my own! I've just been tipped off (6.45pm) that the island roamers are heading my way for a drink. Can't quite bring myself to turn off all my lights and hide in my shed. Last night at the Hall I had a pint of Coke, a pint of OJ and two pints of water. It really hit me how when your sober those who are drunk are tedious to the extreme. The worst of it is the realisation that other times when I think I'm being erudite and witty I'm probably being boring. Christmas - don't yer just luv it!
Margaid
Part of the Flock

Post by Margaid » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:23 pm

I have a friend who has refused to cook Christmas dinner just for two as she doesn't see the point, so they're going to the pub. She said that never before have there been less than 4 people for Christmas dinner. My meal is all planned except that I haven't decided when I'm going to eat - and I can please myself! I just need to make the brandy butter.

It's like that when one is the designated driver Hen-Gen ...

Return to “The Dustbath”