New Gimmer

Got something to say off topic? Want to say hello? This is the place!

Re: New Gimmer

Postby Margaid » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 pm

You can get awfully wet on the inside though if the weather warms up ...

I'm growing old disgracefully too Marigold - but I do draw the line at pink tulle!
Margaid
Regular Forum Contributor / Laying Well

Postby bigyetiman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:20 am

It's the only way to go, especially when you can embarrass your children, or make them live in fear of what you may say or do next
bigyetiman

Postby dinosaw » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:37 pm

Margaid wrote:I'm growing old disgracefully too Marigold - but I do draw the line at pink tulle!

Just google searched pink tulle to see what it is exactly, and I would say that the fairy look doesn't suit anyone, even the models. Anyway it took me to Net-a-porter where they had a pink tulle dress for £3800!!. A bit of clicking on the site (yes the devil makes work for idle hands) and it took me to what for my money is the stupidest idea I've ever seen in fashion. A pair of £1800 red trousers with built in high heel boots, thats' right the shoes and the trousers are attached to each other and can't be separated. How the hell do wash something like that?, or are you meant to be so rich that you just chuck them away if they get a bit dirty?.
dinosaw
Part of the Flock

Postby Marigold » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:39 pm

I saw an article yesterday about a pop star's baby wearing a little £3,500 designer jacket. I hope it shoots out golden puke!
Anyone else of the right generation to remember Come Dancing, the BBC precursor to Strictly, in black and white, where the commentator, with his lovely respectful upper-class accent, would tell you what colours the dresses actually were, and how many layers of tulle and how many hundred hand-sewn sequins they contained? The dancers revolved gently in a ladylike manner, doing the foxtrot, the quickstep, and (very daring) the tango. How things have changed!
Marigold

Postby Hen-Gen » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:29 pm

I was on Amazon recently buying a new pair of Muckboots. Noticed a pair of Le Chameau for £350 . You'd have to have a serious welly fetish to buy them!
Hen-Gen

Postby Margaid » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 pm

I was thinking more Barbara Cartland ...
Margaid

Postby bigyetiman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:04 pm

There is the Lycra look as well. Actually had a not so young lady get on a rail replacement bus in Lycra top and leggings with a pink tulle skirt, and 6ins heels silver and sparkly.
OH has a friend who was a champion ballroom dancer in the days of the big dresses, powder puff skirts as they were called at the time. The only way you could visit the toilet was to back into the cubicle, which she did one day and then realised to her horror that the lid had been down. She used to use two cans of hairspray per competition to, for the big beehive look.
Perhaps I could dress up as a fairy in pink tulle for our charity day on the buses at Christmas what do you think Margaid and Marigold
bigyetiman

Postby Margaid » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 pm

Definitely, go for it! :-)08 :-)07 :lol:
Margaid

Postby Marigold » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 am

You've got enough hair for a bouffant, if you invest in a couple of cans of spray! I expect Ruth could make you some sparkly wings, if they would fit in the cab.
Marigold

Postby Hen-Gen » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:00 am

But no pictures on here please. I don't want to be put off my dinner!
Hen-Gen

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter / Other things